Poly and eclectic neowiccan stuck in the south

SashaMichaelis

Hello and good day, I found some previous threads that inspired me to ask this question. Where are some places that are poly and electic neowiccan friendly? I'm new to both but I know its who I am because I finally feel free. I love my family but they are very outspoken about their religious beliefs and make me feel like they would judge me if i came out. and I just need to find a goal place when I want to build my own homestead and have a family. I'm also more on the side of open family as what I want to gear towards relationship wise. Does anyone know of any resources or personal experiences that I can take a look at and have more information? I dont think I can go to my local library for too much. Thank you and be well

Hi Sasha!

I live in the Pioneer Valley in Western Massachusetts, and I have found it to be a liberal and welcoming area. There are a cluster of colleges here, which helps to attract a lot of countercultural elements for the level of urbanization we have. You mention homesteading—I think it’s pretty challenging to find the kind of social groups you’re hoping for in rural areas—college towns are often the best you can get outside of big cities.

Hello SashaMichaelis,

I think Portland/Seattle (and surrounding areas) might be ideal places for you, as well as Massachusetts. And there's a list of Poly-Friendly Cities that might help.

A couple of good resources are More than Two and Opening Up. And this forum. To read about my personal experiences, you can go to my blog. And check out the Life stories and blogs board in general.

Hopefully that helps ...
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back