Implied Bad Press about Open Relationships

Since open relationships are relatively new in our mononormative society, most people have a poor understanding of open relationships, often even people who are in open relationships. So it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel. The harrassing boss in the story made all of us look bad. It will take the vast majority a long time to realize that open/poly communities have standards.

The story in general was quite astonishing. I can't believe how poorly they treated the protagonist. There was definitely sexual discrimination going on there, and discrimination of other kinds too.

This sort of behaviour is nothing new. Reading through the Twitter thread in which I first came across the blog post, the only thing I found astonishing was the number of men who still find this sort of thing astonishing. Typical twitter tech-bro response: "Holy crap! How can this have been allowed to happen? That's awful!". Typical twitter female response : "Disappointing that this still goes on, but it must be a day ending in 'Y'."

Back