Doctor Who

hightreason

Ok, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan. have been long before it was fashionable. But...

Are Madame Vastra, Jenny, and Strax in a polyamorous relationship? Yes, I realize Strax is an asexual Sontaran, but relationships don't always have to be about sex.

It really strikes me as being about as close to polyamory as a mainstream "children's program" has ever come.

P.S Vastra and Jenny are clearly in a D/s relationship, but that's another conversation ;-)

Last edited:
Actually, come to think of it, Clara-Doctor-Pink is even more poly than that at the moment. However, none of those were(are) established relationships. They were(are) all developing. Vastra-Jenny-Strax is so stable.

Last edited:
3 is a crowd....

As long as "the Trinity" exists, there will be connections between 3 people in Stories.... It's also an easy way to make a Story grow for Writers, gives you many angles for expansion.

The Doctor is more like a Big Brother or Father figure.... and Strax is more of a babysitting gig.

Outside of that, find KeweDuWho on the Net and see what they think.

Stoked to see a Dr Who conversation here (since I'm new to the forum!)!! I was always onboard with the Amy/Rory/Doctor idea. You know Amy was down with that! I bet that ship is alive and thriving in the fan fic universe!

Actually, come to think of it, Clara-Doctor-Pink is even more poly than that at the moment.
I can't agree there. The Doctor/Pink relationship was more of a disapproving father figure thing than it was metamour-ish. Even Doctor/Clara doesn't really gel for me as romantic.

Ok, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan. have been long before it was fashionable. But...

Are Madame Vastra, Jenny, and Strax in a polyamorous relationship? Yes, I realize Strax is an asexual Sontaran, but relationships don't always have to be about sex.

It really strikes me as being about as close to polyamory as a mainstream "children's program" has ever come.

P.S Vastra and Jenny are clearly in a D/s relationship, but that's another conversation ;-)

Strax is more of simply a butler/muscle.

Vastra and Jenny have referred many times to the other has their "wife" so they ARE married.

The Dr is married to River Song in the past or future so he is definitely poly.

Back