Life long poly girl, new to forum

Cupcakeosaurus

Hello there!

About Me:

I am the kind of girl who will dance around the house to music only she hears, while singing songs about how cold her nose is. My interests are varied, my creative streak wide, and my ability to quote 90's TV almost godlike.
I have my own jewelry business, which is code for 'I work retail part time', and I am currently perusing the art of 'Partying'. My fashion sense is stuck some place between Daria Morgendorffer, Post Apocalyptic Dominatrix, and a Gil Elvgren painting.

I am a feminine feminist. I believe love is something that can not be approved by the state or by religion. I think that no matter what you do in life you should do it with pride, and do it as best you can. I am at my core a positive person, with a bright outlook on the world.

I roll polyhedral dice, I larp, I make costumes, love Steampunk, I organize geek events and I even got drunk with Kevin Sorbo once. Ask me about it. It's a good story.

About My Relationships::

Like the thread title says, I have never been in a successful monogamous relationship, having started my poly journey at the tender age of 14 when my first bf and I decided it was ok to kiss other people. Every attempt at monogamy has ended swiftly and with infidelity.
What I don't tend to do is spend much time around other poly people.
I currently live in London with my Partner of 8 years. He is disabled and I spend a lot of time caring for him. He has a lover of 15 years who he sees regularly and who I get on well with.
I have an extremely devoted long distance Boyfriend of 10 months, who i dont get to see nearly as much as I would like. This is his first poly relationship and he has taken to it like a fish to water. (As he says, there's really no going back) However I am currently his only relationship, and I would like to remedy that soon. I also have a wonderful support network around me, a few poly friends, and occasional lovers.

I used to attend regular fetish nights and events in London, but found the experience dulling after a while, and the participants critical at best. I have been trying to relight that spark however as my boyfriend is new to it all, and very excited to join in the fun.

Drop me a line if you fancy a chat. :)

I am not looking for any more relationships at the moment and am rather pleased with how settled everything is in life. I have found my center, I am balanced.

Last edited:
Greetings Cupcakeosaurus,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Okay I'll bite. How'd you manage to get drunk with Kevin Sorbo? and who is Kevin Sorbo? Yes, my geek-fu is that deplorable. I love polyhedral dice though! You know what my dream is? The perfect 24-sided and 60-sided dice: the pentagonal icositetrahedron (24 irregular pentagons) and the pentagonal hexecontahedron (60 irregular pentagons). OMG, if they ever manufacture those two beauties, I'll have a polyhedorgasm on the spot.

Sounds like you have a great set of relationships, and lots of experience to keep them safe and secure. I am glad to have you with us on Polyamory.com, I think people will come to you for advice (though anyone here is allowed to receive advice :D). Check out what we have and post your own thoughts and whatnot.

I'm excited to learn that not all the dinosaurs are extinct, but I am unfamiliar with the Cupcakeosaurus. Is it sort of like the Anklyosaurus only with an upside-down cupcake-paper-cup shape on its back? I already know I don't need to ask what its diet consists of. (Okay okay I'll stop yankin' yer chain, ;)).

Hope you'll enjoy your stay here!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Yes, I would also love to hear the Kevin Sorbo story! I am most familiar with him as Capt. Dylan Hunt, from "Andromeda". One of my all time favorite TV series. Loved that show!!
Ooops........and welcome to the forum by the way. Very nice to meet you! Your intro was a fantastic read :D!!

Hello there!

About Me:

I am the kind of girl who will dance around the house to music only she hears, while singing songs about how cold her nose is....... I am currently perusing the art of 'Partying'...... I even got drunk with Kevin Sorbo once......Every attempt at monogamy has ended swiftly and with infidelity.

I like you already. My husband once met Sorbo at a party, got his autograph for me, then LOST IT before he got it home!!! I cannot describe how pissed I was.

Welcome!

Okay I'll bite. How'd you manage to get drunk with Kevin Sorbo? and who is Kevin Sorbo? Yes, my geek-fu is that deplorable. I love polyhedral dice though! You know what my dream is? The perfect 24-sided and 60-sided dice: the pentagonal icositetrahedron (24 irregular pentagons) and the pentagonal hexecontahedron (60 irregular pentagons). OMG, if they ever manufacture those two beauties, I'll have a polyhedorgasm on the spot.

Clearly, Kevin, you are a man of fine taste.

As for my dietary requirements, I am not limited to cupcakes... any kind of cake will do just nicely ;)

OK, gather round everyone, it is time for me to tell you the 'How I got drunk with Kevin Sorbo, after looking after the cast of Firefly' story. Soon to be a Lifetime made for TV movie.

I occasionally do some work for friends of mine who run various geek conventions. This particular event was London Film and Comic Con. I was put in charge of a section of 'The Green Room' and taking care of some of the guests. I was lucky enough to be put in charge of baby sitting the Firefly cast. Everyone was lovely, really good people. But Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb) made the best impression by turning up an hour early to help us set up and staying 2 hours after closing to make sure everyone who wanted an autograph got one. Seriously, the man is a diamond.
That evening I went back to the guest hotel as I had been given a room there for the con. I went to the bar where most people were talking drinking and saying their good nights. I sit down and who should I see but my childhood crush Mr Kevin Sorbo. Hercules was my favorite show as a kid (closely tied with Xena). We got to chatting. We talked about his family and his charity work and his current health. He said he hadn't been to London for a while and had hoped to see some of it before he had to fly home on monday. So i said what the hell, lets go out. And we did. I took him to Camden Lock. We found a cute little bar, and knocked a few back, then we headed over to a karaoke bar where we sang a few and made our way back to the hotel. I organized a wake up call for him at the desk and a room service consisting of a tall glass of water and 2 aspirin. I didn't make it back to my room as I was so tired I sat down in on the reception couch for 'just a second' and woke up surrounded by cosplayers. Kevin had a great rest of the con and we parted ways. I saw him a few months later at another con I was helping at and we chatted, and I can honestly say that our acquaintance has reach FB friend level.

So there you have it. A small slice of my crazy life :)

I am sure some other people on here have some good stories...

Last edited:
I like it! and I just knew Adam Baldwin would be the perfect gentlemen. The guys who play the tough guys always are, aren't they?

I like it! and I just knew Adam Baldwin would be the perfect gentlemen. The guys who play the tough guys always are, aren't they?

It is my experience, yes :)

Thank you for joining us, Cupcakeosaurus! Like your intro thread, and your posts on other threads, too! Nice to have a life long poly person on this forum.

...OK, gather round everyone, it is time for me to tell you the 'How I got drunk with Kevin Sorbo, after looking after the cast of Firefly' story. Soon to be a Lifetime made for TV movie...

I would totally watch this!!!
My daughter actually follows the cast of "Firefly" [absolutely the best TV series ever, IMO] on Twitter. They are a riot :D!! I'll bet that would have been a pretty good party as well ;)!!
......Lucky you!!!!

Back