Opening my 6 year relationship

Beecee

Hi. I'm New that this I'm not even sure this is where I post.
Background:
My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years. He's the only person I've ever been with. I started considering letting him sleep with other women. I brought it up with him a month ago. He was really excited at the idea. I did a lot of research about it. I don't want to sleep with anyone else but I know he does. It scares me cause I don't know how I'll react to him doing it. I know want to be upset or ruin our relationship because I can't emotionally handle it.
Is there a way to cope with knowing he sleeps with different people?
How do I get over the worrying?
I want to try but I'm terrified of the outcome.
I need advice

Hi Beecee,

I can think of two things; first, ask your boyfriend to take it slow, don't start sleeping with someone right away, only do brief things at first like meeting for coffee. Second, find things you can do to occupy yourself while your boyfriend is away. This is an especially good opportunity to do things that you want to do but he doesn't.

If you'll keep us posted on how things are going, I can maybe think of new advice to give. As for where to post, contact the mods and ask them to move this thread to the Poly Relationships Corner. That way more people might take notice of this thread.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back