sent message not appearing in folder

loveboth

Hi,

I've been trying to PM someone and while it appears the message sends, it doesn't appear in my sent folder. I have tried twice. I don't want to barrage this person if they are going through. I want to be sure there's not something I'm misunderstanding about how this is supposed to work. And if there's a problem with messages going through, I'd like to figure it out.

Hi loveboth,

I think the default setting is to not save your outgoing messages. The person you're messaging probably got both messages you attempted to send, but they were not saved in your sent folder.

To save future messages to your sent folder, do the following:

• When you compose a message, look for the "Additional Options" panel. (You might have to click on "Go Advanced" first.)
  • Look for the option that says, "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder."
  • Check the box next to it unless that box is already checked.
  • Compose your message and click on "Submit Message."
  • If you're sending a message to yourself, it might only work for that message. If you're sending a message to someone else, I think it might be a permanent fix. (Don't quote me on that though!)
For more info, send a message to one of the moderators.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Oh, my....noooo... Whelp. I am super embarrassed! I think I just send like 30 replies to the same person because they weren't showing up. I have become exactly like my mother on Facebook. The shame!

I don't suppose there are magical ways to delete already sent messages before they think I am some kind of oddly repetitive stalker?

Such. A. N00b.

Alas, I don't think you can withdraw a message once you've sent it. Maybe an admin could do it but. D'oh!

Well, that's it then ... once a message is sent, it's sent. D'oh d'oh d'oh d'oh

I will just have to live with my shame I suppose.

Thanks for clarifying, in any case!

It's a good thing we can't access PMs - you all want your privacy, don't you?

FeatherFool, if you want, you can PM me and I'll pass a message along to whoever it is for you. Just in case they're ignoring you, I can tell them the mistake you made, although they might ignore me, too! Don't worry, it will be kept confidential.

Re:
"It's a good thing we can't access PM's -- you all want your privacy, don't you?"

We do ... indeed we do.

Re:
"FeatherFool, if you want, you can PM me and I'll pass a message along to whoever it is for you."

Sounds (to me) like a good idea.

No, no, that's okay! I explained what happened and they were really sweet about it. Thank you for the offer though!

When I first joined, I had the same issue the first couple times I messaged someone...I sent a second and maybe a third message saying, "I don't know if you're getting these...I have no idea what's going on..." and then I finally looked into the settings.

I kind of think that saving a sent message should be the default, not something one must opt in to do. It's confusing. But whatevs.

Glad your recipient was understanding, Featherfool. :)

Re:
"I kind of think that saving a sent message should be the default, not something one must opt in to do."

I have to agree.

Back