US Poly Laws or, Where are all the poly friendly places?

Bumping my old thread, because we're still up in the air about where to move. Tennessee has been sounding more attractive to me. Anyone have experience with that state?

We lived in Tennessee for a few years, but were effectively monogamous during that time, so no real knowledge. I'd suggest getting in touch with the Memphis Polyamory MeetUp group. They were still active last I heard, and a good group.

I don't know about the laws, but after visiting TN last month, I would move there for the sole reason that my sinuses were happy and I could breath. I know this not at all isn't helpful :D

Last edited:
Seems like I heard somewhere (some years ago) that the atmosphere in Tennessee was nice, especially in its mountainous areas. But I haven't heard anything about its laws, and don't know anything about its poly organization/s.

A friend of PunkRock's recently moved to the NE corner, but online calculators suggest the cost of living isn't any less in that area. I need it to be much cheaper, if we are going to be able to afford to support traveling on a regular basis. Memphis is cheaper, by far - thanks for the info on the group being active there!

Actually, sinuses being great there is a wonderful piece of information. DarkKnight hasn't been able to breathe without medication here in Maryland for the last 3 years. His allergies are awful here!

Back