Astrology

I've been obsessed with it - like on the academic level of obsession - for way too long. There is without a doubt something to it, and I have a lot of thoughts and ideas about its mechanism of operation, and certain implications that it raises.

Double-Leo here, with Libra/Scorpio cusp rising.:D

I'm a Libra...and I don't know all that other rising stuff. I guess I'm a classic Libra, but I wonder if that is because I read about it at a young age and that somehow influenced who I became.

Interestingly though, my parents' were both Geminis. Their birthdays were one day after the other, but different years. One was half a Gemini and the other was the other half.

I was bored, so I went and found a site that let me put in some info and gave me Zen's chart.

For those who get into the details *shrug*...

Our suns: Me- Capricorn Zen- Pisces
Our moons: Both Cancer
Our ascending: Me- Sagittarius Zen- Gemini

(Water to my earth, air to my fire, and both cancer moons...hm!)

Mercury
Me- Capricorn
Zen- Pisces

Venus
Me- Sagittarius
Zen- Pisces

Mars
Me- Capricorn
Zen- Gemini

Jupiter
Me- Leo
Zen- Sagittarius

Saturn
Me- Virgo
Zen- Capricorn

Uranus
Me- Scorpio
Zen- Leo

Neptune
Me- Sagittarius
Zen- Scorpio

Pluto
Me- Libra
Zen- Virgo

Honestly...I don't know what most of that means. And I have a chart that looks like a bowl...his looks more like a 20 sided die. I dunno. Stuff. Stuff that helped me kill a few minutes on a Friday afternoon waiting for a response to an email...

no i dont think its a bunch of baloney. WHy not want to know more about who you are and others, especially love! I read on astrology junction ( but i havent seen them like post daily scopes) idk if they do that anymore, but in general i just love to read about astrology, it always gives you something new too learn!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Capricorn and he's a Taurus.

Same here for me, male Taurus, wife Capricorn. Which is a good combo. I have an engineering degree, so I should be naturally sceptical, but I do find there to be a lot of truth based upon the research I have done.

And yes there is more than just our sun signs. I am a Taurus sun, Gemini rising and cancer moon. Each one of these components seems to fit quite well.

To do a complete chart requires knowing what time of day you were born and the location of where you were born. I highly recommend an app called AstroGold. But it costs like $30. This app will give you detailed reports on your own chart and your chart as it matches up with somebody else’s.

From my research there just seems to be too much correlation between my personal experience and astrology for me not to consider it a valid tool. IMO, YMMV.

Would you like to try Vedic Astrology?

I wanna talk about it!!

There are different systems of astrology reading. I follow vedic one? Do you like to give it a try? if so,,, give me your date, time and place of birth.. including specific question you want to know?

I have all of my planet signs but not my partners so I'll just do everyones sun signs

Me- Cancer (I attract other cancers like flies* I'm also a hufflepuff)
B- Virgo (And a Gryffindor!)
Z- Leo (ALso a Gryffindor. I'm surrounded)
A - Aquarious

Z and B and I are NPs; so we definitely balance each other out a bit.

B and I tend to have a much more gentle flow; less need for explaining where emotions are coming from and more intuitive understanding of the others body language and emotions. It's definitely much calmer. Downside, if left to our own devices we'd never leave the house except for work!

Z and I have been together for 11 years now. So that definitely adds to our dynamic and communication skills. But he does tend to be a lot more firey; literally no one is ever surprised he is a leo. He does tend to lean to liking the sound of his own voice; and while he absolutely can read my face, there are times where with my body language he doesn't pick up on things. Anytime we argue it's over quickly but definitely more firey.

I have all of my planet signs but not my partners so I'll just do everyones sun signs

Me- Cancer (I attract other cancers like flies* I'm also a hufflepuff)
B- Virgo (And a Gryffindor!)
Z- Leo (ALso a Gryffindor. I'm surrounded)
A - Aquarious

Z and B and I are NPs; so we definitely balance each other out a bit.

B and I tend to have a much more gentle flow; less need for explaining where emotions are coming from and more intuitive understanding of the others body language and emotions. It's definitely much calmer. Downside, if left to our own devices we'd never leave the house except for work!

Z and I have been together for 11 years now. So that definitely adds to our dynamic and communication skills. But he does tend to be a lot more firey; literally no one is ever surprised he is a leo. He does tend to lean to liking the sound of his own voice; and while he absolutely can read my face, there are times where with my body language he doesn't pick up on things. Anytime we argue it's over quickly but definitely more firey.

In my opinion every person come with instruction! The zodiac sign can tell you a lot about your partner temperament, and how to raise your kid to bring out his/her best. My son is Taurus so his character is fully consistent with the description of his zodiac . I really believe in astrology and found it very interesting . If you want to learn more what astrology has to say about your little one find more following the link https://numerologyangel.com/1919-angel-number/ .

I am practicing vedic (eastern ) astrology. Would you like to give it a try how does it interpret the chart and how much relevant is this? If so, give me your exact dob, time and place of birth and specific questions you like to know...

I am practicing vedic (eastern ) astrology. Would you like to give it a try how does it interpret the chart and how much relevant is this? If so, give me your exact dob, time and place of birth and specific questions you like to know...
Mine D.O.B 28.03.1966 T.O.B 19.57.46 P.O.B Coimbatore

Linda Goodman's Love Signs is a good book. I realized that Western astrology did not work for me as much so I studied Vedic astrology and that was more accurate. Vedic Libra here. How can you tell? Aries women tend to gravitate towards me(polar opposite of Libra) in general and Pisces women(Secret friend of Libra).

I love astrology. It really clicks with me.

I'm finding uranius ruled placements in or aspects to the relationship houses seem to indicate unconventionality.

So Aquarius ruling the 5th (romance), 7th (partnerships/marriage) or 8th (sex) or the planet Uranus in there.

Also Juno is the astroid for marriage style commitments, see what's going on there.

Interestingly I had an instant synastry reading done for the boyfriend and I from one of my favourite astrologers MysticMedusa. One of the things it pointed out was that there are asteroids called Guinevere and Lancelot and that my Guinevere and his Lancelot are activating each-other - like a love triangle.

Astrology is like Tarot, the more you learn the more there is to learn. You shouldn't let any form of divination rule your life but if it resonates with you it's a tool for guidance... if you're the kind of person who believes the universe has some kind of consciousness and that it is happy to help you out from time to time.

The Life changes and exist through Stars and Planets. This is true if we study it deeply and it cautious us about crucial happenings in future and we can correct it through astrology and we can remove the bad effects of stars by it.

I'm a Leo, miss pixi is a Leo, my ex husband is a Leo, and my son is a Leo. Rawr. I am a classic Leo, look up the qualities, I've got all of them. A leader, supportive, generous, too much hair on my head. lol Optimistic, opinionated, straightforward, loyal. I love to love, and be loved and admired. I'm like a cat, I can be really lazy, and then spring into an energetic project and give it my all. When I lead, I don't want to do all the work, I like to delegate to people as their skills present them able to do important work.

My younger daughter is a classic Aries. "Ready, fire, aim!" is her way of going.
SAME. Leo to my very core. My husband forever tells me I'm a cat.

There are 2 sag men in my house and several sag men in my life and we've always connected and understood one another, but especially when that sag is mature and has made it through his sort of stupid boy phase. Otherwise I think we'd butt heads and he'd be annoyed with my self confidence. (Irony.) I'm a sag moon.

I've also given birth (planned in fact) to another Leo.

Yeah. So I'm super witchy over here with the signs and kind of always have been but got REALLY into them when I started having kids. It's pretty cool to see how different my kids are (I have 4) despite all growing up in the same family with pretty consistent expectations.

Lots of fire in this house. Our one water sign is fully outnumbered (poor kid) and our air sign (an aquarius, which is my rising) is my soul sister. Also outnumbered but she does not give a shit because she's aquarius. Haha. (I also have SO MANY aquarius friends, female and male. Air tends to feed fire and we are super compatible. This kid and I are polar opposites in so many practical ways but soul sisters in our deeper views of the world and people.

To the OP: I recommend the book "Born on a Rotten Day." One of the best and funniest and truest synopses of the signs I've come across. We bust it out with EVERY NEW relationship connection (my husband and I) to psychoanalyze these people. Haha. We are the worst. But actually the best.

I’m a Sagittarius I would like to help you out lol but I don’t know that I’m the right person to do so 😂 but people say I’m fun and loyal I’m more logical then emotional but when I have big feelings you will know I’m blunt and do not read between the lines well honesty is very important to me I can take the truth but can’t deal with a lie. So I don’t know if that fits my sign but that’s who I am.

Sun sign compatibility is crap as are sun sign stereotyping. You need to do a full chart and synastry chart. I'm a Virgo that is so far away from "typical" Virgo you can get. My partner is Aries and nothing like the fire description of Aries at all. Nor is my other partner or father who are also Aries.

Do a basic compatibility and it says we have nothing in common and have no good reason to even share time together because we are so different yet a synastry chart of the two of us is pretty amazing and accurate about how we connect and relate with rare special qualities which we both recognize as an accurate part of our connection.

Astrology aside, we have an amazing love and relationship. We are beautifully matched and are each other's game changer. I thought that nobody is perfect for anyone......., Hence poly was my solution after many ended good relationships because of missing needs........until I met and got to grow with him and I now know I've found that mythical person who was made for me.

Back