Poly Advice Columnist Wants To Answer Your Poly-Related Questions!

LucySkyDiamonds

Hello! I used to have an active account on here, but forgot which e-mail it is affiliated with.

I am the Assistant Editor at an online magazine. I am starting a polyamorous advice column, so I would love for people to send me their questions and I'll answer them candidly. I promise to keep all of your information confidential. But please understand that I will be publishing your question along with my answer.

I welcome questions from everyone; I don't care if you're a total newbie or a long-term poly possum. People tell me that I give solid relationship advice, especially as far as polyamory is concerned.

About me: I have been out-and-about polyamorous (although I mostly identify as a relationship anarchist) for 6 years. I've been with my partner for 10 years. I would refer to him as "primary", but I don't perceive my relationships as existing in any sort of ordinal ranking. I also enjoy graveyards, poetry, wild flowers, and writing about weird things.

You can either message me or post your question here. I won't be picky.:p

Okay, I thought of one ...

Are there any rules that should apply to all relationships? and, are there any additional rules that should apply to all poly relationships?

Regards,
Kevin T.

Lucy, if you are going to come here to solicit us for material you want to publish, the very least you should do is identify the online publication, and yourself (pen name is ok), and provide us with the title of your column. Please be sure to include a working link to the publication and your column. Thank you.

Lucy, if you are going to come here to solicit us for material you want to publish, the very least you should do is identify the online publication, and yourself (pen name is ok), and provide us with the title of your column. Please be sure to include a working link to the publication and your column. Thank you.

Hello, Cindie. I found my old account. My name is Ghia. I am the Assistant Editor at Quail Bell Magazine. I recall loving your posts when I used to post here. It'll be a regular thing. I hope that my advice column can be even as half as good as GalaGirl's responses!

Some health issues and the like got in the way of me pursuing this earlier. Alas, here was the screenname that I was looking for. I am sorry for coming off in a sketch-tastic way; I've been scolded before for mentioning publications in these instances because, as they put it, it "threatened the anonymity" of the people asking and wasn't sensitive to closeted individuals. I guess that it was just that person's opinion. I know how hard that you work to keep these forums peachy, so I understand how it's weird.

With that said, I will not mention any information that would personally identify you. You can message me or, if you want me to answer a question that you've already posted, link me to your post. (I might re-word it myself for the sake of protection from copyright infringement.)

Thanks so much for the question, by the way! I welcome all of them in the future.

Last edited:
Sorry for double-posting. I just thought that I should mention that I was going to do "Polyamoreux", but i wasn't sure if it was too appropriation-y. I am partly French ("amoreux" is French for "lover"), but I am American and I realize that this could be demeaning/derogatory/whatever. What do you all think? Should I just make a separate post?

It's "amoureux", not "amoreux". It's also "amoureuse" for females, incidentally. And in France, the word for polyamory (aside from polyamour) is "lutinage", with "lutin(e)" as the name for the person.

Still not sure what you mean by "I was going to do polyamoreux" but I thought I'd correct the French part since I'm French.

It's "amoureux", not "amoreux". It's also "amoureuse" for females, incidentally. And in France, the word for polyamory (aside from polyamour) is "lutinage", with "lutin(e)" as the name for the person.

Still not sure what you mean by "I was going to do polyamoreux" but I thought I'd correct the French part since I'm French.

And that is exactly why I asked. :-/ See what I mean? (I thought that the "u" was a hallucination on my part since I just started studying French.) Thanks so much, especially for teaching me French poly vocabulary and basically confirming my gripe. *SORRY if I offended you.

I said that because Cindie asked me for the title of the column and I haven't figured it out.

So APPARENTLY, I do have access to this account. YAY!

Last edited:
Back