Hi

ducks

I've been reading this forum for almost five years and today I feel ready to say hello.

Hi.

I'm not a shy person at all, but I wanted a few years of experience under my belt before I opened my mouth on a public forum. This site was so helpful for me in the beginning and continues to be now that I identify as a polyamorous person. I really enjoy reading the different points of view from each member as this has opened my mind to new relationship styles and practices. Thank you everyone.

I currently have two male partners, but in the last few months both have been unavailable (little to no contact of any kind) due to personal and work related goals/responsibilities. A hinge vacation! I am loving the extra time and space to myself, and I am so happy to have partners who value their personal and professional goals as much as they value their relationships.

And that's about it. :)

I hope everyone has a great day!
-Ducks

Greetings ducks,
Welcome to our forum -- now it's official.

Re:
"I've been reading this forum for almost five years ..."

Ahem ... that's just about as long as Polyamory.com has been in existence. Newbie you not! :D

Hope you'll get some interesting chances to post and make conversation. And I'd like to be a part of that too.

Pleased to meet you.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

You're one dedicated lurker! I joined the day I found it XD

Update

One of my partners has recently dumped me to date/have a mono relationship with a woman he just met four weeks ago.

The last two weeks have been emotionally difficult for me as our relationship had been going on for three+ years and then ended very abruptly. (We were breaking up as he was going on his first four dates with this new woman.)

I am happy for my Ex and his choice to pursue a mono relationship as he feels that relationship style is a better fit for him. He also requested we remain close friends. However some of his actions and things he has said during our breakup conflict with my personal views on honesty. He has said he has not and will not ever tell his new partner exactly when we broke up or that he was ever in a polyamorous relationship for three+ years. He has also said if/when I meet his new partner that he would prefer I did not mention our polyamorous past or that we were intimate and saying "I love you" up until two days before his first date with this woman. (Side note: I was the one who immediately cut off all physical contact with him and started a "What the heck is going on?" conversation when I realized he had been presenting himself as single to this woman for the entire time he has known her.)

I find his requests personally impossible. I am a 100% honest no matter the consequences type of person. I have stopped all contact with him and wished him the very best of luck.

-Ducks

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about your experience with your ex. What he asks of you is not really fair on your part and I believe that when you start dating someone you should be completely honest from the start. Hopefully for his sake, he is honest from here on out.

welcome....

it sounds like your going through a pretty tough time. If there is ever anything you want to talk about this is the site. I have not been on long, but I have met some great people....

Sorry to hear about your breakup, ducks. It is probably wise of you to make a clean break with your ex so that you don't end up in an uncomfortable position where he expects you to lie for him.

Thank you for the kind words...

I knew from the start that our relationship had an expiration date as he preferred mono to poly and I am not at all surprised that he found someone to do that with. Breaking up was the best thing for us and we should have done it much sooner.

I do feel sad when I think about his desire to pretend we had a mono relationship so he doesn't freak the new woman out. I understand why he wants to do that but I can not do that at all.

Best thing to do is walk away.

Back