Plenty of Fish

vinsanity0

I was bored so I decised to get the POF app. As soon as I completed the registration I immediately began receiving messages. They were from all over the country. They were all the same: "Hey there :)"

I deleted the app. Either the site is a scam or it is full of scammers.

Well, Hey There Vince! You are the spaminator after all.

Leetah

Plenty of Fish will not allow you to be married and looking unless they have changed their policy.

They will slut shame you if you sign up and indicate you are married. In fact, they won't let you continue registering. They used to tell people to go to AshleyMadison!?! :(

It's been years since I was POF. I didn't find anyone who was interested in a relationship on POF, just hook ups. I have no problems with people wanting hook ups - it just wasn't what I wanted. I find the moralizing from basically a hook up site to be obnoxious.

I've heard bad stuff about POF before ...

"I really do prefer OKCupid over any other dating websites I have ever been on, especially PlentyOfFish <-worst-dating-site-ever, no system whatsoever and everyone there is *so* shallow you would *not* believe it!"
-- ColorsWolf, http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231307

"As far as dating sites go, I know for a fact that POF has taken a strong, public stand against married men on their site. A few months ago, they sent out an e-mail stating that all profiles of married men were to be reviewed and if it was found that one was looking for any kind of non-platonic relationship it would be deleted. Their reasoning was that there were 'so few woman looking for that kind of relationship' and that essentially married men were a nuisance. I, being quite open and frank about my status as the male half of an open marriage had my account deleted. All further attempts to establish a new account have also been deleted within 15 minutes even when taking care to avoid any kind of sexual references as outlined in their new TOS. Funny thing is that my wife's account in which she is also quite clear about her open relationship has never been touched. So evidently, it is okay for married, or otherwise committed, women to use their site to find men but not vice-versa."
-- LOBBS, http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=232192

"POF is absolutely not poly friendly. If they find out you are in a relationship you get deleted. Princess got hers deleted for saying she was married and looking for an open relationship."
-- Dragonfly4253, http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=281150

OKC has its drawbacks, but appears to be the best option available (as far as online dating is concerned).

This is what happened to me when I tried to sign up. I found it amusing for a site known as a hook up site. Very high morals they have there. LOL

They will slut shame you if you sign up and indicate you are married. In fact, they won't let you continue registering. They used to tell people to go to AshleyMadison!?! :(

I appreciate the input but... really, still kinda hearsay, right? Most of the aforementioned complaints seem to stem from marrieds; while honesty about oneself is commendable, do we owe such forthrightness to a website? :confused: Maybe mention of the Sacred Dyad is as out of place for polyamorists as for the marrieds using the service.

Not so long ago, AFF was supposedly the site, the MySpace of its time. :D (I gave up after seeing multiple listings with identical descriptions.)

As a single guy in the far-rural Midwest, I am getting around to trying POF along with other "relationship" sites. (In quotes because getting laid seems to be the prime motivator on any "dating" site.) Results will likely be fodder for commentary. :cool:

We have not had very much luck on anything online, we did better before the internet by running ads in magazines.

We have just put an ad on Craigslist in the miscellaneous romance section that is highly detailed as far as what we are looking for and we have had no luck whatsoever.

We have not had very much luck on anything online, we did better before the internet by running ads in magazines.

We have just put an ad on Craigslist in the miscellaneous romance section that is highly detailed as far as what we are looking for and we have had no luck whatsoever.

I don't think anyone reads that section.

Lol humm

It's an awesome site if you know what you're looking for and how to go about it period

Now if y'all are struggling.. Please for yourselves, don't be shy about asking for advice. My advice is Work on self and you will know what you're looking for and you will find it! Don't be afraid to fail.... It's human nature, Dust off and do it again.... You're worth it, right?

This will probably be the only time I mention a specific site, or allege to, toodles.
I ask for help all the time! Nothing new
And go

Last edited:
It's an awesome site if you know what you're looking for and how to go about it period

Now if y'all are struggling.. Please for yourselves, don't be shy about asking for advice. My advice is Work on self and you will know what you're looking for and you will find it! Don't be afraid to fail.... It's human nature, Dust off and do it again.... You're worth it, right?

This will probably be the only time I mention a specific site, or allege to, toodles.
I ask for help all the time! Nothing new
And go

Oh I know what I am looking for. I just don't want to deal with spammers and scammers.

Back