pity party

Piroska

This is a thread where I'm just asking for a little support and sympathy. It's my pity party.

My boyfriend just broke up with me.
And my husband is at his new girlfriend's place tonight for the first time.

I'm really trying not to fall apart - I've got the kids tonight of course, so I don't want to completely give in to the crying and mess right now... I kinda looked through my friends on facebook and my phone, and I don't know who I want to burden with helping me right now. I'd have to start from the beginning, cause I haven't really told anyone much about my new man. Or the ... man I was seeing.

So this is me. Asking random strangers for help, when I haven't spent time on the forum here in way too long for this to be a first post back. Sorry.

I'm sorry to hear about you boyfriend.

Take some time for yourself. Watch a happy, funny movie with the kids (I don't know their ages, but I got a teenager to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs before). Let them make you smile and laugh. Everything will be okay.

This too shall pass. But this sh** ain't easy. Life sucks right now, but it *will* get better. You are strong, you are beautiful, you are loved. Have yourself a big tub of ice cream, or a long hot bath, or a funny movie. Cuddle your kids lots.

/hugs

Thanks BeccaDuine. I'm on the east coast, so they're getting in bed now, but I think I am going to go with the watch a movie idea.
Thanks wanderingstar. (off to see if there is any icecream left in freezer...)

Hi Piroska,

Sorry to hear about your breakup; that kind of thing is never any fun. And I'm sure you wish your husband would be with you right now to support you in your grief, but instead he's gone off to have fun with his new girlfriend.

I hear you, I'm listening, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

I hope the movie lifts your spirits a bit.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi Kevin;
Thanks. My husband had already left when I got the message from my boyfriend. I don't want to bring him down now - Guy seems to have found someone really really sweet and great for him.

The kids wanted to watch an episode of the anime series they're into right now, so we did. It was cute.

Cru wants to be friends still - and I'd like that, but it'll be hard.

He dumped you via text message? That sucks. I hope you find a good movie to watch and get your mind off things. ((Hugs))

It's not as heinous as it sounds, Bluebird. We've been using ICQ to chat for hours almost every day. So that's our most frequent communication method. Thanks though.

It's totally up to you if you want to be friends with Cru. Perhaps a few weeks/months of no contact would make it easier to foster a friendship without feeling quite so many pangs of romantic disappointment?

I don't know - we click very well as friends. I would really miss having conversations with him, even if I can't have anything of the other things I want. So I'm going to try to do it.

That sounds like a good plan to me.

Thanks, Kevin and bassman.

I guess it hadn't really sunk in yesterday night. I'm crying today.

Ugh. Got to get over it and move on.

Ah, if only grief would visit us so briefly.

Hang in there.

My ex-bf dumped me very unexpectedly about 3 weeks ago. I haven't had contact since. He said he'd like to stay friends (and that my former polycule wanted to stay my friends) but I'm not there yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say without derailing your thread with my issues, is that it is important to give yourself time to heal and "reset" to a friendship IMHO. I'm still feeling too raw to be a friend. I'd like to someday, if I can. But no way I could go from being a partner one day to being a happy friend the next.

Good luck... and lots of hugs

Thanks, Kevin.

GreenMom - yeah, I'm running into that, how hard it is just to hold a conversation with him.
He's putting distance between us - we usually see each other friday, and while it super super hurt when he said no, he didn't want to see me tomorrow, even just as friends... it probably would have hurt a lot more to actually see him and have to hold it all inside.

I guess I'm just afraid that if we break off communication completely we'll never get it back, and he's a wonderful man that I want in my life, even peripherally.

Back