I miss Boringguy

Generally speaking-it's in bad form to cuss other posters out, call them nasty and rude names and generally be a jerk.
But-when you do it in such a direct way that multiple posters are highly offended and are capable of directly noting which guidelines your post breaks-
it pretty much leaves moderators no options but to give you infractions.

IF you do that more than one time, you incur multiple infractions and once you get a certain number of infractions-your login is automatically banned by the system (pre-set function).

So yeah-if it bothers you that specific posters are being banned, I suggest taking note as to what the guidelines say. They are pretty specific and clear. They also leave a LOT of room for being able to say what you mean, clearly and concisely OR unclearly and confusingly long-windedly.

However-they don't allow ad hominem attacks, trolling, name calling, links to $$ sights or spamming.

It isn't particularly strict. In fact sometimes its far more accommodating than anywhere public in real life.
But there are some specific things that aren't tolerated.

Opal you know bg .....she was neon the first time around.
DH, you blabbermouth! She was pretty particular about whom she told. Now I know who I can't trust with a secret. ;)

(But good to see you here again)

You know, I also thought neon lost her shit near the end of her time as neon. Again edging toward the cruel and dismissive.

I'm glad to hear she's fine.
Remember, NeonKaos was a Moderator and she banned herself - I recall her posting before she did that to say that she was frustrated with all the whining and moaning she was seeing here, about first world problems like dating more than one person, when she knew that so many people had it rough and were struggling with losing their homes or their health, and so on. She didn't lose her shit, as I see it. She came back less than a year later (I'm estimating) because she had been reading the forum again and I guess couldn't stay away. I don't know why she didn't want to reinstate her NeonKaos profile, but I know she was having some fun as BoringGuy.

Last edited:
Back