Yo momma's a... polyanderer..

wittolwife

They really do learn by watching us...

The other day, our oldest, our ten-year-old daughter, came home from a friend's. She took me aside and confided that she wouldn't be seeing that kid anymore.

"Why not, sugar?", I asked her.

"She's not a real friend.", came the reply. She went on, "She said you don't love Daddy. She said you have too many other boyfriends."

I was stunned. My husband and I both knew this day was coming. We had differing opinions on dealing with my loving other men.

"What did you say,sweetie?", I asked her.

"I told her my mom's a grown-ass woman! She can do whatever she wants because she doesn't worry about what anyone thinks! If you got a problem with her, too damn bad! That shut her up, too, Mom. But I don't want to be friends with her anymore.", she said.

I mean, they really do learn by watching us, don't they?

I guess you could say the rubber hit the road for that kid.

Looks like raising that kid is turning out a success story.

Kudos to both you and the little one. :)

Hopefully your child isn't exposed to your more casual liaisons.

No, I keep them discreet. My husband stays with the kids and does an excellent job keeping them entertained. It's hard dating a man other than my husband and expecting not to meet someone i don't know while we're out. That's when other people become familiar with our lifestyle, because I refuse to act like something I'm not!

Seems to be working out pretty well to me.

"What did you say,sweetie?", I asked her.

"I told her my mom's a grown-ass woman! She can do whatever she wants because she doesn't worry about what anyone thinks! If you got a problem with her, too damn bad! That shut her up, too, Mom. But I don't want to be friends with her anymore.", she said.

I mean, they really do learn by watching us, don't they?
Yes, they sure do. That is rather adult language for a 10-yr. old!

Back