How much is too much?

For the record, "greedy" isn't a feeling. It's a judgement. Feelings are more like scared, uncomfortable, maybe a little nauseous? You feel those things because you need to be safe, and you believe his behaviour risks your safety. Does that sound about right?

When greedy is being projected onto another person it is definitely a judgment. However when I want more pizza than anyone else or wish I got more of anything rather than being happy with what I have I sometimes feel self conscious and hence recognize my OWN greedy feelings.

When greedy is being projected onto another person it is definitely a judgment. However when I want more pizza than anyone else or wish I got more of anything rather than being happy with what I have I sometimes feel self conscious and hence recognize my OWN greedy feelings.

I would still call that a self-judgment rather than an emotion.

The actual emotions (feelings) will depend on the story going on in your head.

So if you were a kid who never had enough at dinner time, you might feel fear and anxiety about not getting enough next time.

If you don't like the other people at the pizza party, you might feel angry over having to share with them.

If you haven't eaten all day, you might simply feel hungry, and want all the pizza for yourself because you're really that hungry.

Maybe you were an only child who always got everything to yourself, so you feel frustrated any time you have to share.

Point being, each of these situations, the person might be perceived as being greedy, but the emotions going on in that person are different in every case. Hence why "greedy" isn't a feeling.

Last edited:
I would still call that a self-judgment rather than an emotion.

The actual emotions (feelings) will depend on the story going on in your head.

So if you were a kid who never had enough at dinner time, you might feel fear and anxiety about not getting enough next time.

If you don't like the other people at the pizza party, you might feel angry over having to share with them.

If you haven't eaten all day, you might simply feel hungry, and want all the pizza for yourself because you're really that hungry.

Maybe you were an only child who always got everything to yourself, so you feel frustrated any time you have to share.

Point being, each of these situations, the person might be perceived as being greedy, but the emotions going on in that person are different in every case. Hence why "greedy" isn't a feeling.

Well after all of this dust settled down after it, my partner and I became much stronger. And for the record, he came to terms with what his actions were doing to my relationship and his relationship with my metamour.

I guess if I were to rephrase the greediness aspect, it might be that I felt as if greediness was the source of these actions, and nothing else. He might agree with that statement as things have changed a lot for us now (and all for the better); there's limited seeking, we're looking more at swinging communities, and he maintains his other relationship (with my metamour), but no longer am I facing the prospect of dealing with a new girl or two every week. Maybe one day he will seek out other relationships or sex partners, but for now that's not what is going on.

Sounds like things have improved quite a bit. That's good to hear.

Back