Sharing the same taste in partners

maxnsue

Inactive
My wife and I seem to share the same taste in women. Never has one of us been involved or attracted to another woman when the other hasn't. Either we both like someone or we both do not. Anyone else have a partner that shares their taste in other people or do you find that you are attracted to people that your partner does not like? Perhaps it is hit or miss?

We managed to not only find the right woman for both of us but she in turn found a husband who was OK with us sharing her. I cannot imagine trying to extend it further than that but apparently some do. More power to them as juggling two women was enough for me.

All-hetero household here, although I know of a particular woman both of the guys are interested in (a woman whom Snowbunny trusts).

None of my partners share my taste in a partners since I only am attracted to men and my husbands are heterosexual.

Me and Hank have quite a similar taste, we've very often been attracted to the same people. Me and rory not as much. There have been a couple of times when rory has expressed being attracted to someone I've slept with or dated, but I don't think that's ever happened the other way around.

I assume that my guys have similar great taste in women, since they both are with me! :)

I don't share my tastes with Hubby, Guy, and S2; they're uninterested in men, and I'm entirely straight and uninterested in women. Like Bluebird said, though, I assume the three of them have a similar taste in women since they're all involved with me and all pinpoint the same qualities in me that make them want to be involved.

As far as my partners liking each other, Hubby and Guy consider each other good friends even though they rarely speak to each other, and they have a bond of mutual respect that's existed since the first time Hubby and I met Guy. Neither of them has met S2 yet, and it's entirely possible that they won't even if he and I continue seeing each other, but for the moment both of them like and respect him because of how he treats me and because he's accepting of and willing to be part of the situation we have.

Personally, even if I were bisexual, I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a partner with any of my partners, and would flat out refuse to participate sexually with them. It's a lot easier for me to accept Guy or S2 being involved with someone aside from me when I don't have close--or sometimes any--ties to her, and when I don't have to see them together. (Hubby doesn't have any desire to be involved with anyone other than me.)

Last edited:
I seem to end up developing relationships with a lot of the women TheKnight dates, not all, but many. Which is fun but means I'm not very good at developing relationships with women on my own...

It is not unusual for partners to attract or be drawn to similar people. My wife and I have friends that are long married and love animals. Never had a friend that did not love animals or have at least a core long term relationship regardless of any other relationships. We tried to be friends with a few couples with open relationships but quite frankly, after a few years you needed a scorecard to figure out who was who. Often we did not like their new partners. Sometimes we liked the couple but not them individually. Often we just liked one of them and when they left, the other was not our cup of tea.

I think it is good when you surround yourself with people like you. While it is fun to meet people of all persuasions, and you should, we found it beneficial to only accept like minded people into our core group. YMMV as I only know what works for us.

Chops' other "nesting partner" (Xena) and I are very different people (in a nutshell, she's an artsy introvert and I'm a geeky extrovert, but there are other major differences as well), and it makes it awkward (for me) when the two of us hang out together. We don't really gel as friends all that well, IMO.

Chops' GF Noa (also Xena's GF as well) and I seem to have a lot more in common (personality-wise, and life-wise), at least as far as I can tell from a couple get-togethers with her, and we do seem to click pretty well as friends.

Not sure what that adds to the conversation here, except a data point of "yes, Chops finds similar women attractive," and "yes, Chops finds different women attractive." ;)

Re (from Bluebird):
"I assume that my guys have similar great taste in women, since they both are with me! :)"

Ahem. Right, that would be true in my household as well. :eek:

Back