Hi! Howdey! Hi! *wave*

BeccaDuine

I've made two forums looking for help, but have yet to introduce myself, so I'll start now.

With the basics, I'm 24 and identify as a genderqueer person and demisexual. (Special snowflake nonsense. Ha.) I've been studying illustration, though I'm taking many steps back for myself as I have sever depression and will not add more stress to myself while sorting things out.

My experience with poly is limited. The first "poly relationship" I was in involved a dangerous lack of communication. Both partners were open to having others, but I was not discussed as joining and... things just got messy. Couple years ago and I finally was able to show the boyfriend why it was cheating.

The second is my now broken triad. Because of the first relationship, I started lurking on sites like this and wanting help when things went bad.

We were all not ready for that. Still, I know now that I do have a poly heart, even if it likes to wait for a bond and when I have myself in order I'll most likely end up with two partners again. I want to learn and be a sounding board to help as much as I can and make myself a bit more active in this community.

Now that I unloaded that baggage everywhere, I'll get to picking it up. It will nice to meet you all more formally.

Greetings BeccaDuine,
Welcome -- officially. ;) Please continue to lurk, browse, post, etc.

Some relationships are only meant to be for a short amount of time -- and that's okay. They don't all have to be forever.

I've been following your other threads so I know you've had some challenges. But hang in there and keep learning; I believe you'll have increasingly better experiences.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for your help back then, still.

I understand that some relationships just won't work. Each is a stepping stone, as bad as that sounds, that leads on into finding yourself, your limits, and all that other fun stuff that feels like hell at the time and only makes you grow. Both of those, along with others, have indeed shaped me and I'm good with that.

Ooh, ooh, stuff to read. Must read all the things. Reading. going.

Back