Glad to be here

breezy

Hello everyone,

I'm in a loving marriage of 7 years with two small children. My husband and I have spoken about opening our relationship on and off for years. We finally took action on this at the end of the summer. I initiated this action after much personal reflection following a period of depression.

So at only a few months into polyamory, I am very happy with the possibilities and feel like I can finally be myself after many years of feeling guilty for desiring multiple intimate relationships. :) My husband is struggling with what he really wants in all of this, but ultimately expresses to me that he thinks polyamory will be good for us. So clearly we are still working through what will work for us and what we both want.

I have serendipitously found an amazing first partner external to my marriage. :D Our connection is strong and multifaceted. My husband is supportive and working diligently through difficult emotions, which I think are very natural considering this is my first relationship outside of the marriage. My bf is also married and this is his first external relationship supported by his strongly mono wife.

I'm hoping to find some community and support here from people more experienced in poly, especially people with children and intentional families. All three of us have very little framework for what we are doing and I fear we are making some newbie mistakes.

Greetings breezy,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

There's a lot to learn about poly and this is a good site for learning. Explore our various threads and see what calls to you. There is a thread called What about the Kids? ... you might be interested in checking that one out.

I'm glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

It's always interesting

Hi there breezy, I'm Jill sort of in the middle of a poly relationship.. I just wanted to say hi..

Back