Hello from NE

DorianGray

Hi!

I am new in the sense that I just started dating an open couple a few months ago, and I have the sense that there aren't many other male "others". I am good friends with hubby, we all hang out together often.

I have separated from, and am amicably divorcing, my wife. My kids, who are younger than my couples kids, are aware and haven't yet been socialized to see what society says about relationships.

I guess I have been aware that I fall into the "other" category about many issues with relationships for a long time. I am, however, finding myself having dove headfirst into territory that is new even to my couple.

I am really only into ladies, but have participated in group scenarios together and separately from my main squeezes. I don't have any hang-ups about whoever you might be.

I just want to reach out and see if there is anyone who might relate, be in my area (CT) or if not online chatting is cool too.

Anyway, I just joined and as a quasi-newb, thought I should properly introduce myself and ask what's up to everyone.

Thanks!

DG

Welcome to the forum.

Greetings DorianGray,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are forming a V relationship with this couple you're dating. Cool beans, I am in a V myself. I hope you will enjoy your stay on Polyamory.com, have a look around and see what calls to you, let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for your intro!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi DorianGray - and welcome to the Forum! We will look forward to hearing more of your story as it unfolds.

I am new in the sense that I just started dating an open couple a few months ago, and I have the sense that there aren't many other male "others"

Although the public perception of polyamory is often a vision of the hip couple joined up with a hot bi-babe (aka the "unicorn"), in actuality - based on what we typically see posted here at least - more often than not, this is not actually the case. The MFM V - where a woman in the "hinge" and has 2 male partners - seems to be the more common and more stable arrangement. The reasons for this have been discussed here at length so I won't go into them right now in this brief welcome.

We have lots of experienced poly folks here who are generally helpful and friendly - with lots of sound advice. Please feel free to post and specific questions or thoughts to the Poly Relationships Corner or the General Poly Discussion section and you are likely to get some good thoughtful responses.

Best of luck on your poly journey! Al

Last edited:
Back