Wow what a feeling

Matt82

Hello,

This is so new to me and my wife but if feels natural and right. My wife and I very conservative and never in a million years would I ever have thought we would go down this road. We've been married for almost 8 years and have two beautiful children.

This journey started when we went to our first strip club together. I won't get into the niddy gritty but she was excited to see me with another woman. We talked for about a year about being with another woman when we fooled around but never really took it serious until the day my asked me to lfind someone.

Now we tried several Apps. We thought about going to a few local clubs but it didn't feel right. We didn't want anonymous sex with a stranger. She asked me if I knew someone at work that would be willing and I was like, "Wait a minute, this is a trap." But I said fuck it, YOLO and asked a girl that I felt liked me and she was cute. I engaged her in text and then finally broke down after about week and asked her if she would be willing to do a threesome. To my shock she said yes which still blows my mind that I'm batting a 1.000 lol.

Well...that evolved. The first time my wife met our now GF she fell for her. This was before we ever got physical. It is crazy how went from a strict monogamous relationship to welcoming a women into our marriage. I mean this is liberating to feel such a connection with someone. Thank you for letting me express this because I (we) have no one else we can talk to outside our triangle.

Greetings Matt82,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Thank you for sharing your story, I am glad you have joined Polyamory.com because everyone needs someone they can talk to, and you can find that here. Just keep reading and posting, look around and see what calls to you, let us know of your thoughts, questions, and concerns. You'll have a good conversation going within a short time.

I'm quite happy for you that you have a wonderful triangle going, and wish you the best going forward. You've had quite a journey so far!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Matt82 - welcome to the Forum! I expect that you may find that poly is a many faceted experience. We have lots of experienced poly folks here that are generally friendly and helpful and most likely would be available to offer advice on any questions that may arise. The Poly Relationship Corner and General Poly Discussion sections are always quite active. Best of luck on your new poly journey! Al

Hello Matt82, great start. And a lucky one, on the first try. We are poly, never found the right woman, came close 3 times. Best is the reduction of daily living stress we have always experienced with a poly relationship

thanks for advice! the hardest part so far is keeping it a seceret from family. we are not ready to tell them and we live next door to family lol.

...great start. And a lucky one, on the first try. We are poly, never found the right woman, came close 3 times.

While the FMF V or Triad is most likely the poly configuration that the general public thinks of first when they envision polyamory, as well as the situation that many adventurous couples aspire to when they first open their marriage, it is actually somewhat uncommon among experienced poly folks. It turns out that women who are actually willing to join a couple as their mutual ongoing girlfriend is so rare that they are frequently referred to as "unicorns", that is - so rare as to be virtually mythical.

The MFM V is more common and more stable (at least based on the many discussions that have taken place on this forum), and most experienced polyamorists seem to recommend that each partner date independently (particularly applicable when a married couple is opening up).

So, if the search for the right woman to join you as a couple doesn't seem to be working out, there are always other poly options. Al

thanks for advice! the hardest part so far is keeping it a seceret from family. we are not ready to tell them and we live next door to family lol.

That sounds extremely difficult!

May I ask how long you and your wife have been seeing this perfect unicorn?

You're laughing ("lol") but how does Unicorn feel about being your little secret with your family right next door? Is it giggly fun, "Look what we're getting away with, how exciting, let's fuck,"? or "I feel unvalued and like a second class citisen, I think I need a drink and/or a good cry"?

Or something else?

Back