Useful books

Turtle2

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there were any good children's books that talk about polyamorous families.

Hello Turtle2,

I do not know of any children's books about poly. I am thinking that none have been written yet. Unfortunately. That is something that will probably happen in the future. I don't know how long it will take. Sorry to have to say that. We will have to talk to the children directly for the time being.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Last edited:
This link lists 18 children's poly (and/or more-or-less poly-friendly) books.

I glanced through the article a bit. Some of these books are more about families which are simply not heteronormative ... or otherwise "unconventional" ... and may not be about poly families in particular. But the list is worth examining with care to find out which books are more helpful.

18 Important Children's Books That Can Help Kids Understand Polyamory
https://www.yourtango.com/201730387...ho-want-their-kids-understand-non-traditional

Last edited:
I want to say a big Thank you to everyone. Prior to this post I found a lot of books geared towards the LGBT spectrum but I had a hard time finding any books that delt with polyamory. This has opened up a lot more resources for me and I really appreciate it☺

Hi Turtle2 -

I was able to locate a number of online resources on the topic of polyamory and ethical non-monogamy which were ostensibly for children (or young adults). But in browsing through these it turned out that there were actually very few such books, while there were a number of books which were deemed useful in opening a child's mind to other-than-conventional families. But some of those other-than-conventional families were simply same sex relationships of a dyadic sort, etc. Most of those books didn't really fit the bill.

Could you do us a favor, after having read through those materials and otherwise searched, and let us know which books actually fit the bill of what you were wanting?

Who knows? Perhaps some writers and publishers are reading here? Perhaps we will inspire some to write and publish more children's books of the kind you are wanting.

Hi guys, two years later, and still no books on the topic of polyamory for kids! So, with that in mind, I am happy to share with you here that I wrote one and will do a crowdfunding campaign to launch on November 10th! Hope we can have more and more authors talking about such important topics about loving families to kids! <3

If you want to be notified when the book comes out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/acolornamedlove/a-color-named-love

Reactions: tdh
Thanks for those new posts, m.ellery and tdh. Those are some cool book titles.

Back