seeking poly friendly sex therapist in s wales UK

carrienation

Hello everyone! Hope someone can help. I'm struggling with my husband coming back to me after being with another woman. We have a chequered sexual past and I need to rediscover my self esteem on a sexual level I think. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks xx

First, find a therapist, period. If it doesn't seem to be a good fit? Find another. Repeat as necessary.

If you NEED a therapist, then don't waste time looking for someone who has a vested interest in supporting your presuppositions. This is generally a great PC way to avoid getting objective input.

It's quite possible that "polyamory" is a shibboleth negative. Like, are YOU polyamorous, or are you merely attached to someone who claims to be poly?

I really recommend DK Green. He's a trans man who is also poly. He can do sessions over Skype and I've found they work just as well.

I really can't recommend him enough. He takes a very holistic approach and is well versed in poly issues as well as sexuality and kink issues.

http://www.dkgreen.co.uk

Hi carrienation,

I am inclined to think that most sex therapists are probably poly-friendly, but in case I'm wrong you could try these links:

If you can't find a poly-familiar therapist, but can find an open-minded therapist, ask them to read, "What Psychology Professionals Should Know about Polyamory," a 36-page booklet by Geri Weitzman, Ph.D., Joy Davidson, Ph.D., and Robert A. Phillips, Jr., Ph.D.

Hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back