Hello Out There!

Protazoey

Hi, everyone! My name is Zoe and my husband and I are very new to poly and still getting our bearings on everything. We live in Indianapolis, recently moved here from FL in July 2017.

We started out by opening our marriage, and as is quite the norm, I stumbled upon finding a connection with another partner rather quickly. After some bumps in the road of communication, both the husband and I are on board with how this is shaping up for me. He is actively seeking a partner, has a few discussions open with potentials, and we're optimistic on one in particular.

We're both still reading and researching on what poly looks like for us, and are fully up for the challenges and wins that will come along the way.

Hoping to connect with various poly groups and forums that are out there, if you have any suggestions for us, please drop a comment below when you introduce yourself.

Always learning and growing and changing,
~Zoe~

Hi Zoe - and welcome to the Forum! Good to hear that your husband is also making progress on finding a partner as well. As you noted it is quite the "norm" for the wife in a poly marriage to have an easier time finding partners. We will look forward to hearing more of your story as it unfolds.

We have lots of experienced poly folks here who are generally friendly and helpful, so please feel do free to post any specific thoughts and questions that you have to the Poly Relationships Corner and the General Poly Discussion sections - you are certain to get some good responses. Best of luck on your poly journey! Al

Greetings Zoe,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you and your husband have some good poly prospects, and are handling poly well. Communication is vital as you have already observed, and it is a skill that takes lifetimes to learn. Get lots of practice! :D

And I encourage you to keep on posting as your situation evolves. As Al99 said, the Poly Relationships Corner and General Poly Discussions section are great for getting advice and feedback. Nice to have you with us, make yourself at home!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back