Smelling the flowers

Bond received his invitation from Tesla today! He placed his order and now we wait for delivery. Exciting!!

Our "Party like it's Summertime!" party is tomorrow evening and the number who have indicated they are coming is now at 21, including Bond, B, and myself, with another 12 down as maybes. Dang, y'all I wasn't expecting so many. Thankfully the weather is warming up and even if it's only in the 50's, at least it feels spring-like and the snow is melting. I'm starting to get inquiries as to what to bring, so I think I should start a post for people to state what they intend to bring otherwise they'll keep asking me for what we need.

We have no kids for five days and it feels like freedom! However, by Wednesday I'll be missing them.

We surpassed the expected number of partiers by a heck of a lot and I think it was because people were free to bring their love(s) so that wasn't indicated on the event count. It was fun. It was loud. And it ran late; it was 1:00 am when the last guest left. The food was fantastic. So much for designating it a "crappy dinner party" and instructing people to run by a deli or pull something from their pantry. They knocked themselves out!

The weather cooperated, and it was nice enough that some sat at one of the patio tables to eat. When it got dark Bond started a bonfire and got out the roasting sticks and marshmallows. Someone brought three bubble wands and two packs of googly eyes in assorted sizes and B put large ones on the foreheads of everyone outside. It was quite amusing when they came inside and we saw them.

B has decided that she loves our guest room and now she's willing to sleepover. It was super nice to have her there Sunday morning. We sat around drinking coffee and recapping the night. She left around 10:30 and we slowly got ourselves ready for the day and went to two State parks and hiked. It was fabulous! It was the first time in 138 days that we'd seen temperatures at or above 61F.

I'm super tired today and we have an important meeting this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have some brain power left by then.

I emailed Twitch (to let him know I straightened out a home insurance issue) and for kicks I told him about the cabin I want to buy. He called me today on his lunch break and he's willing to let me refinance the house we still own together, this time the mortgage would have to be as a non-owner occupied, so the interest rate would be higher so that kind of surprised me. He said we could rewrite it for the amount we owe, plus $30K for the down on the cabin, plus closing costs, etc. The payments will probably be lower than they are now, because we've paid off $58K since we financed it. He's willing to let me take 2 or so years to pay him back his 1/2 of the 30K, plus 2-3% interest. I'm so tempted. I messaged Bond and he's mulling things over. I really want his input. If he doesn't think it's a wise thing to do, then I'll probably not do it. I think it'll pay for itself and then some, even if it's only a 3 season cabin. It would be like having a vacation home for free.

I was all set to walk away from the idea of buying the cabin, because I started freaking out that people wouldn't see my airbnb listing this late in the season, therefore I would not make enough money to cover the mortgage through the winter, and then I checked on the Zillow listing today (because Bond told me to put a watch on it to see what is happening with it) and I saw that they lowered the price $15,900 yesterday. And now I'm back to mulling it over. It's now priced at what I had been considering offering them. Now I wonder if they'd take $5-10K less than it's listed at. Damn it. All this turmoil.

I wish this was 12 months from now, because then I wouldn't have any debt and this would be a slam dunk. But, buying it now and risking having to make the mortgage payments through the winter means I could derail my debt paydown.

I need to go onto the Airbnb host forum and ask how quickly people started renting their places. The cabin is in a resort town and it's in a prime location and most of the places are already rented for the season which could drive customers my way. I need to gather some solid numbers of comparable rentals in the area. It's time to create spreadsheets.

On a different note, Bond is getting matching rings for B and me as engagement rings. I'm not sure how this will actually work. I think it's an engagement more in spirit than in a path to marriage for all three of us. Last night Bond and I briefly spoke about having a commitment ceremony for the triad. I really wish he'd file for divorce.

Yesterday Bond hacked the relationship status on Facebook to list both B and me as his partners and when he added a picture to the life event that was automatically created by changing his relationship status he tagged both of us in the picture and it now lists as being in an open relationship with B and me. It's drawn quite a bit of attention and that makes me kind of squirmy. But I don't shy away from that feeling, knowing it's something I need to work on, so I had him walk me through the steps last night and I updated mine as well, listing the two of them. I feel bad because I didn't do the same for Franki and I'm worried she'll have feels over it. I feel more like a very good friend to her than a romantic partner. And then I got a text from my brother last night asking me, "What are you thinking?" At first I had no context to what he was asking, but then I realized it was related to my relationship status. I deigned to reply. I dismissed it from my mind as much as possible, but it would sneak back in at times and I would find myself phrasing replies in my head. :(

I'm back to feeling like taking a pass on the cabin is the most prudent thing to do. Getting financing for vacation homes or rental homes is more complicated and right now even though I could get my hands on the 20% down, I'm not sure I appear that financially healthy. My FICO score is quite high, but I am carrying a lot of debt. In 12 months it'll be a much better picture. I'm really sad to let this amazing property pass me by, but it's for the best.

B had a shocker this week. The normal deposit she receives from WP didn't happen. I guess he didn't get paid either. Upon investigation his partners had decided to not draw a paycheck this month. I have a feeling that he overlooked some correspondence and didn't object when it was proposed. It seems unconscionable that they'd have decided to forego paychecks and not get his buy-in. She was really upset yesterday, but today she said she's going to focus on getting her house ready to put on the market just as she had been doing and that WP has some plan to fix the situation. Talk about stress. She canceled our date night last night and is going to cancel her plans with Ginger for tonight due to "crabbiness". Bond was hoping we could visit her as we're both missing her a lot, but she's not up to it.

I got three little bees added to my tattoo Monday afternoon. It was a birthday present from Bond, an early one. They are so damn cute!

Saturday I am going to visit Franki and watch her do her bee stuff. I have my grandson for the weekend, so he may be with, or he may opt to hang with Bond's boys. I invited them, too, but they already declined. S2 has an insect phobia, so I should have known better than to ask him.

Last night we went to S3's band concert. He was so thrilled we were there and he was all smiles about the whole thing. Totally adorbs.

Last edited:
My birthday is coming up, the 18th, and we're (the triad) planning on going away Thursday-Saturday, returning Saturday. I want to go to Door County, but Spring has been really late here in Wisconsin so it may be unseasonably cool which makes me think that it might be best to go to Chicago instead. We'll definitely go to Chicago if Bond's car is ready for pick up around that time. I wish they could deliver to Wisconsin.

I completed several big items at work today. I may have to alter one of them, though. I'm waiting to hear back from a director to see if she wants changes. And then there is one other thing I need to see if I can get set up correctly for a coworker to run. Right now it works for me, but throws errors for her. I think it's a matter of permissions. Once these things are off my to-do list, I can start on a fun project. :)

Bond's ex gave him 6 or 8, can't recall, sunflower seedlings last night. I hope we get enough sun in the spot where he wants to put them. I'm less than enthused.

This morning I told Bond that I am letting go of the idea of buying the vacation home, because we're getting too late in the season to have the purchase go through (average closing time is 40-50 days) and still have enough weeks of the rental season to financially get through the off-season months. He said that we need to keep an eye on the listing, because he expects that it'll drop more. I agreed that they are probably still $10K over market value, but instead of waiting, I'd be inclined to make an offer for $154,000 and see if they accept it. I don't really get why he thinks one should sit back and wait rather than making an offer for the amount you're willing to pay. I reiterated that even now I wouldn't make enough to cover the mortgage through the winter and he said that he could afford it.

I also brought up that I'm not sure if a lender would give me a loan for a vacation home/investment property, even with 20% down due to my debt load. He thought my strong FICO would do it, but then again, he shared that he wondered if he'd get the loan for the house we live in because at the time he hadn't sold their previous home - and his FICO is in the 800's. It wasn't a problem. He said that he explained in the loan process that he intended to sell the other property, but they didn't care one way or the other. I think he overlooks the fact that he has very little debt and many assets.

He then moved onto how to form an LLC, which is quite simple and I've done it a number of times.

I guess what I'm saying is the cabin may not be off the table after all.

Twitch thinks I should buy the cabin. I started a mortgage application with PenFed, but I haven't advanced it all the way through. I've talked to Bond and he's so noncommittal on this. He says it is out of his area and it's scary to him. I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Today is my middle son's birthday. He's 31. Wow, how is it possible that I have children in their thirties?!

I have decided upon what I want to do for my birthday - hiking! I had wanted to go to Door County, but the temperatures are quite low still, so I changed things up and picked hiking at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. It's just over 2 hours from here, so that makes it quite doable. There are 18 canyons to hike and waterfalls!

We are trying to decide upon accommodations. I was opting for one of two Airbnb places, but Bond has found one that I think is way too tiny, but it's only $45/night compared to $146/night. Whatever, I guess. The important part is getting outside and hiking.

Tonight my niece, her husband, and new baby are having dinner with us. They are heading for home in NC after dinner. They want to be able to travel at night when the baby sleeps, so they aren't staying over. It'll be nice to see them and it'll be the first time for me to meet her baby, Auden. <3

I am starting the process for a cash-out refinance on the house I own with Twitch. I'm so nervous. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get the loan for the cabin, but this needs to happen first. I looked at other real estate to see if there is something better, but I'm not finding anything on the water in this price range. I've been asked if an all-season cabin would be a better option and quite frankly I kind of like that I won't have to deal with winter issues, like snow removal and furnace problems.

I had wanted Bond to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down, but he's steering clear of it so I will go solely on my inclinations.

B got some really good news from WP. His partners wanted him out of the business so badly that they bought him out. He is setting pretty right now. They even knocked a huge amount off the house she is in (they were buying it through Ray's company). He has told her that he will pay off her car, her credit card, pay the taxes on her house, and build her a new house. She may have to be in a rental for a short time. She'll be able to go on vacation with the kids this summer and on her trip in September with her friend. He said he has 18 months of support money for her in the bank. He's going to start his own company, planning on building 6 spec homes a year. The long goal is to either buy or build apartment buildings for B to have rental income. I hope he delivers on all of this.

Franki and Smatch are off to a glass cabin for the next couple of days celebrating their anniversary. I think it's # 26 or 27. I hope the rain clears off.

I've decided I'd rather complete my debt paydown plan more than I'd like to get the cabin, so once again it's off my list. I am a bit sad to let the dream go, but mostly I feel comfortable that I am on target for having all of my debt gone in a year.

Yesterday I bought four bushes for the front of my rental house. Twitch and I removed the shrubs before we moved out and we never replaced them. It looks like a gaping mouth missing teeth. I am also going to pay for about 5 yards of mulch to be delivered and my renters are going to spread it. They are also planting the bushes today. I'm a bit alarmed with how quickly things can go to seed when a homeowner isn't there to take care of things themself. The backyard fence has gone without a fresh coat of paint several years in a row and now things are rotting. That sickens me. The renters have bought replacement panels and their daughter is going to paint it when school lets out for summer break. I told Twitch about it and he's hoping they can make it look decent enough for another year, and I assume he is considering replacing it then. I bet next year he'll say "in a year" again, though. That seems to be his way. It's always next year. Other things, like a shrub on the corner of the house that has been left unpruned for the most part is now incredibly overgrown. I was shocked by how wide it has gotten. In the next year or two I'd like to replace the siding and gutters, and put in a new kitchen.

I got an email from the DMV late last night saying that my plates on my car were being revoked due to an unpaid parking ticket from last December, effective immediately. That ticket has come back twice now to bite me. My youngest son got it at the airport when he picked up his gf. I paid it online 4 days later. In February I received notice that the fine had increased due to not being paid within 30 days. I called and got things fixed, or so I thought. I called today and the clerk assured me that she would call the DMV and have it dropped and marked as paid. I hope this is the last of it, but unless she changes something in the system it's going to keep happening. Thankfully I can find the payment in my credit card statement for December!

We woke to confirmation that a VIN has been assigned to Bond for his Tesla Model 3! Exciting. I feel like we should be sending birth announcements to our friends announcing the birth of the car after a two year gestation. LOL. It'll be ready for pick up in Chicago in 3 to 6 weeks. :D:D:D Right now our plan is to drive my car to the dealership, and for Bond and B to drive the Tesla back and me to drive my car back. That way he can wrap his iPass transponder in foil, add the Tesla to the account once he has it, and use it for the trip back and my iPass will cover me round trip.

My youngest son finished his National Guard training and is back to his new job today after five weeks. Finally. I hope he hits the ground running. He said that he was feeling drained by only having one day in 39 off, so it may be a struggle.

Bond and I are both taking part in the Longitudinal Polyamory Study. It's a 12 month long study which requires taking the same survey monthly. It covers a gamut of areas, including sexual compatibility, satisfaction, emotional connection, etc. with the partners (you're allowed to enter up to two partners) you've entered into the survey. Yesterday we both completed the survey and last night Bond brought it up and said that in case I was wondering, he'd appreciate more scratching and biting. I laughed and responded that I'd like more choking, and we discussed that he has yet to learn where to apply pressure to my neck. It was a fun conversation and it flowed so easily. I loved his timing, as we weren't in the act and it gave each of us time to mull things over. We were both grinning afterwards.

My renter sent me a picture of the bushes installed. They look really nice there. She said that the mulch should be delivered on Friday.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_msoM9burv5-RkpgWR13dE0QmdQSjVgn/view?usp=sharing

Budget Blinds scheduled the install of window film and blind in our kitchen for next Monday. I can't wait! I think it's going to look great and really cut the blinding morning light.

Twitch called me this morning to discuss creating an LLC and moving our rental house into that for liability protection. I'm not sure if I'm ready to do all that right now, but maybe. If I buy a rental next year, then I will create an LLC for investment property. I'm unsure if I'd need to create one for the house I own with Twitch and another for property that he is not involved with, but I think so.

I've spent way too much time today staring at my debt paydown spreadsheet today. I'm right at the cusp of big things starting to happen and it's exciting. Twitch reaffirmed that he'll give me $750/pay period between late June and early September. The timing of him paying off his Discover card and me paying off my Penfed coincide and from there on out it's pretty amazing how quickly I'll be able to pay things off when he's contributing and my payments will be more focused instead of scattered among a number of debts. This month and the next, the second payday of the month is when the magic happens. After July I will no longer have a cell phone bill (going onto Bond's plan) and then every payday will be magical. At that point it'll be down to car loan, Discover, and student loans. By the end of August the car loan will be paid off, and by early December the Discover card will be too. After that it'll be a full on focus on the student loans.

It's hard to imagine how great it's going to feel when the day comes that I'm out of debt.

Holy shit, y'all, Bond has an appointment on June 4th at 5:00 pm to pick up his Tesla!

(Stole this from his FB post, because I cannot retain this kind of info.)

Blue, Aero, RWD, Long Range battery, Premium Upgrade Package (PUP), + Autopilot

Premium Upgrade Package: Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood decor and two rear USBs, 12-way power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles, premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer, tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection, auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors, LED fog lamps, and center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones

Unfortunately B won't be able to come with us, because her kids have early release on Mondays. :(

I guess the Model 3 has a glass roof as well. So fancy smanchy!

My granddaughter is creeping! Her momma posted a video this morning of her being enticed to crawl by a plate of food.

My sister is in town for something at the university. She arrived last night and stayed in the dorm. She's bunking with her assistant which is kind of awkward. She's planning on staying with us tonight and tomorrow night. I have a hair appointment tomorrow night, so she'll be on her own until I get home around 8:00 pm. She was worried about getting her work done for the course if she stayed at our house, so I guess this will give her time to do it without distraction.

My brother is working in Milwaukee the first couple of days this week, so tonight we're meeting him halfway for dinner. I hope it goes well. Other than a brief "Happy Birthday" text I haven't heard from him since he sent me the "What are you thinking!" message when I updated my relationship status on Facebook to include Bond and B. I'm bringing Bond along, so my guess is that he'll be on his best behavior and won't broach the subject.

Thursday night I have a date with Franki. :) We're not sure what we're going to do, but that doesn't really matter. It'll be nice to spend time with her regardless.

Bond's work has a meeting at the theatre Friday morning and a movie following. They're watching "SOLO" and I'm going to join him for that. I am considering calling in sick for the remainder of the day and recouping from last weekend. My sciatica is really inflamed since our hiking adventure last weekend and could use a lazy day.

Yesterday I scheduled my credit card payments for Thursday this week. I'm so jazzed about knocking the balance on the one nearly in half that I couldn't wait. I'm kind of concerned that the kids will need help this pay period and I won't have anything left in my account. But, my desire to have it paid off is greater than my what-if fears. Josh will be getting his first paycheck from his new job on Friday, so I doubt he'll need anything going forward. Megan on the other hand is a continual disaster and I'll be shocked if she doesn't ask for money in the next two weeks. Taylor will be having a huge payday, so no worries there. He's going to set up an automatic payment to me of $350/pay period to pay down the credit card balance on the card we put his rent onto. He'll have that paid off in less than 5 months.

Yesterday Budget Blinds applied a window film on our kitchen window and installed a top-down/bottom-up blind on the same window. It's really nice. The film is reflective on the outside and it's nearly impossible to see into the house through it. As it gets darker outside at night it loses some of that property, thus the reason for the blind. It feels so nice to not feel like you're in a fishbowl when in the kitchen! It only took us 15 months to get it done! Gak, we're terrible about things like this. Time flies. We still need artwork for the art wall. Baby steps.

Last edited:
Dinner with my siblings was really nice. We didn't get back to Madison until 9 PM, so my sister decided to stay at the UW hotel, and she'll stay there again tonight, because of my hair appointment.

My brother and SIL may buy her uncle's house in Florida. It's near Panama Beach. There is a mold issue, though, so that may be too big of an issue to take on and they may walk away from buying it. Her uncle just passed recently.

I showed my brother the realty listing for the cabin and he thought it was in a fantastic location and that the cabin was really cool, and that we should go for it. I hope that helps influence Bond in a favorable way.

My brother showed us old pictures he had on his phone. Like, pictures he took of pictures. So old school. LOL. Anyway, he had one that I was in and I didn't recognize myself, because it was the first picture he popped open and I didn't realize they were old pictures. It was a picture of a horseback riding trip we took in Tennessee. I was riding Chicks. Damn, I loved that bitch of a horse! :) He had another of him and his wife. He was on a black mare that my youngest son always told my brother was his horse. He was a preschooler at the time and he loved to taunt his uncle. lol. My brother will be 60 in a little over a month. Holy fuck, that sounds so old! How can I have a sibling that age?!!! :D

We're thinking of taking the kids to visit Wil's family in PA the last week of June. That would be exciting. Looking at the map, I'd like to return via Niagara Falls. If I can get a passport issued before the trip, then we could go over the north side of Lake Erie and back into the States via the tunnel to Detroit. I've been through the tunnel several times as a kid, way back before passports were required. I remember it as being a bit nerve-wracking, but overall, a fun experience. If I can't get one in time, then we could take the southern route along the lake.

For sure I'd like to tour the Hershey plant. Philadelphia is 4 hours from where Wil's family lives, and I'd really like to visit that city. We're not likely to make this trip again and I've never been there. Plus, history.

The weekend is almost here. Just a few more hours of work and the three day weekend begins. We don't really have much for plans. We'll likely take the kids swimming at one of the beaches or to a splash pad. It's going to hot and humid here. They've been putting out weather alerts. What we really need to do is work in the yard, but with the extreme temperatures, I'm not sure that'll happen.

I mentioned before that this payday would be exciting, because I would be able to make a sizeable payment on a credit card. I checked today and it's happened. :D My youngest son sent me $700 this morning to apply towards the amount he owes on one of my credit cards. I'm not sure how quickly that will move from Venmo to my bank, but once it does I'll initiate a payment. I'm so thrilled to see debt going away. He and I are both counting down to our goal and looking forward to building savings.

Date night with Franki was sweet and it was nice to have that time with her. We sat at the Union until I couldn't take the sun any longer and then we went for burgers at a bar we both love. We were hoping to sit on their backyard patio (shaded), but it was too full, so we had to sit inside.

I am rather pleased with myself, because I thought of a Father's Day gift for Bond this afternoon, and I've already ordered it and it'll be here in plenty of time. I can be so lame about not planning ahead for special events, but this time I've got it! HINT: it's car related, but not for the car.

I actually think I'm getting better at making plans, too. That's kind of a good skill. Bond is not the type to plan activities or lock himself into a commitment, so he appreciates someone doing it for him. He likes to do things at least. It could be much worse. :)

I came into work at noon today (movie this AM) so you'd think today would be flying by, but no.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

I hope you have a lovely Memorial Day weekend too, and enjoy cruisng around in Tesla, how fun!

Thanks, Atlantis! :)

Tesla is 6 days away!

So, we bought a house for B this weekend! Holy fuck balls, right?! Bond and I have been talking about investment property and with her need to get a place to live in a certain school district by the time school starts we were motivated to make it happen sooner than later. But even with that motivation we didn't anticipate buying the second house we looked at. We had an actual direct discussion with her Friday night, she sent a text to WP (her ex), who is a licensed real estate agent and we waited to hear back. Saturday afternoon he messaged back and I sent him links to houses I had been scoping out. (I have been sharing listings with Bond and B for the past month or so, especially the past couple of weeks.) This school district is much sought after and properties are steeply priced. WP has access to a direct MLS to check listings and three of the properties were gone already, even though the websites didn't reflect that. He scheduled a walk-through on two properties for Sunday. One of the two had an accepted offer, but they were still holding an open house.

Bond set about getting pre-qualified which proved difficult, because it was a holiday weekend. WP suggested that if we found something we wanted to write an offer on, that we could write a cash offer. He has money he could temporarily commit to it, and we have the rest available in cash. The end game plan, though, would be to get a mortgage. He said we'd have to move quickly, because things are selling in a day - that's what I was finding over the past six weeks or so that I had been tracking things, too.

That night I struggled to fall asleep, so I pulled my phone out and redid searches for places and I found two that surprised me that they were in the school district, but they directly stated that they were in that school district in the listings and they were on the same street. I sent those off to WP. In the morning he let us know that one of the two had an accepted offer, but that the other had an open house that day, so we added that to the list of places to see.

The first place we looked at had almost no yard and a deck that was as wide as a chair, seriously. The rooms didn't let in much light, but it wasn't bad. One of the bathrooms had an issue with venting and would have needed repairs in the shower. The positive thing about it was that it was very close to a large park that has camping, and the lake, and that would have been so wonderful for her son who fishes all the time.

We skipped the one with the accepted offer and went directly to the one I had found in the night. It was cute, B liked it better because it had more light inside, and it had a hot tub and a neat upper level deck above it. The kitchen was small and would drive me nuts, but she said it wouldn't be a problem for her. Overall, it was a pretty nice little three bedroom with a smallish living room on the main floor, and a long family room in the lower level with a patio door to the backyard and the hot tub. The master bedroom was in the lower level and quite private with a bathroom that has a big soaking tub, which she fucking loved.

We went to a pub and discussed things and then WP went home to write an offer. He sent docs to Bond and he signed things electronically and that went through a couple of iterations before things were right. We didn't put any contingencies and made a cash offer. WP set a short window (2 hrs) for them to respond, as they had another offer they were about to accept until WP let their agent know we were writing one. And they accepted our offer!

Holy cow the whole thing was whiplash fast! Poor Bond, he likes to mull things over, so this really took him out of his comfort zone. But once he made a decision he was okay with it.

I think all three of us are reeling a bit. It feels surreal. B is so relieved and happy. Her kids are excited and happy. We're all so glad, and especially B, that the kids are feeling positive about it.

Closing date is 7/16/18.

Yesterday we spent the day at a beach, followed by ice cream, and then home for a couple of hours, and then a short splash pad visit with S3. OMG, exhausting day out in the heat and humidity.

Tonight we have a 50th bday party for a friend and Friday we are going to dinner with Michelle and the Drummer. :)

Last edited:
The Tesla countdown continues, three days!

I told my youngest son about the cabin and he wants in on it. He doesn't have money to put towards the down payment, but he'd split the other costs. I was surprised and I kind of want to let him in on it, but part of me wants to keep it simple and do it without him. When I checked in with Twitch to confirm that he's still okay with refinancing our house and pulling cash for the down on the cabin I mentioned that Taylor wanted to do the cabin with me. For some reason it seemed like that didn't sit right with Twitch and he suddenly had all sorts of demands, like when the repayment of 1/2 of the cash being pulled from the house would begin, and because he's not part of the cabin deal he wants 1/2 of the profit until he's paid in full. I would like to start paying him back in one year instead, because only paying him half of the profit will take forever to repay him. The cabin will carry itself, but it's only 3 season and I don't calculate that it will make much of a profit if we are also using it for our own use. Hmm, I just had an idea, maybe he'd like to use it for a week himself. That would give him some value, but not be out of pocket for me.

I found his demand that the first year he get 50% of the profit difficult to accept, because I'm only predicting a slight profit for an entire year, and this year our season would only be half of a season, so there would be no profit. But on years when there is a profit, taking that small amount and splitting it will not allow me to build up a reserve for improvements and other miscellaneous expenses.

Franki and Smash have started keto. They are on Day 3 and 4 respectively. Franki is going through keto flu, but Smash is feeling great.

Tonight we're going out to eat at a steakhouse with my old roommate/ friend and her fiance to celebrate our May birthdays. I can't wait! :)

We will need to prep things for our School's Out for Summer party we're having on the 9th. I want bubble wands and water soakers and such for the kids. S3 wants us to get fireworks, but I know one friend's boys are terrified of them. Maybe we'll wait to fire them off until after they leave. We also need to shop for groceries and beverages, both for the week and for the party.

I love the write up for the kids' party:

NO MORE PENCILS,
NO MORE BOOKS,
NO MORE TEACHERS'
DIRTY LOOKS!

It's time for our rebels-in-training to celebrate their summer break. We're kicking this event off early, so they'll have plenty of time to partay!

Hula Hoops, water balloons, and glow sticks, oh my!

We'll provide meats (most likely hamburgers,hotdogs, Italian sausages and/or brats) and ask that you bring a contribution, too.

Q: must I bring a child in order to attend?
A: no, small humans not required

*please bring weather appropriate toys, and as always, please parent responsibly

Yesterday finally arrived - longest weekend evah! LOL

2018 Tesla Model 3

Side view

Bond is thrilled. He's such a modest person, so it's cute to watch him keep himself in check while he is absolutely thrilled and really wanting to shout it from the mountain top.

From what he's said, learning how to use the autopilot for lane changes is going to take a bit of getting used to. :)

Back