Prismatic Reflections of Sun

Countdown: 4 months and a handful of days.

RacingSnail continues to sort through his possessions. He mailed me cookies over spring break, and yesterday he received my gift to him: a pair of music mixes and a three page love letter. And he said the letter was warm, and sweet, and made him smile a lot, so I’m happy!

This weekend is my next tea discussion group; the following weekend is our local Pride parade! Hopefully we’ll get our collective act together and have a poly contingent *in* the parade this year. Fingers crossed!

MonkeyMan is doing well. His work is steady but not currently too busy (which is a nice change, it was a jam-packed winter), and we’re all excited to go see Endgame on Sunday. :)

Countdown: 101 days. I’m hoping to buy my plane ticket tonight!

RacingSnail is not appreciably further along in his packing and getting ready to move process than the last time I wrote, but he had a vacation in CA with his sister and ran the Ogden Marathon, and caught a cold. Poor thing! Hopefully he’ll feel better soon.

The local poly group had a big breakup amongst two of its leadership who were dating (my friend Rockhound being one of them) and she dropped out of the group subsequently. And then the leadership team decided to discontinue the monthly social and discussion in favor of scheduling more of a variety of events at more of a variety of times going forward... which honestly, I was kind of disappointed about. I really like doing the same predictable thing on the same predictable weekend. I schedule ahead a lot. But oh well. My Queer Poly Women’s group can be my space for that still! We did manage to march in Pride earlier this month, and it was great! Here’s hoping we can do that again next year!

RacingSnail’s move is starting to feel real, and starting to bring up some feelings for me. I’ve been great at LDR, and all the waiting. All the patience and loyalty. But now I’m going to have to switch gears in a big way... and do we have what it takes to make this work? This unexpected second chance at a dream of a future together that I first imagined 16 years ago? Ugh, I’m scared I’m gonna fuck this up. But probably it’s going to be okay.

Countdown: 73 days.

Plane ticket has been acquired. RacingSnail will start mailing things in our direction soon!

Summer vacation is upon us. Kiddo and I will be leaving next Monday to spend a week and a half with my parents! This weekend is the local fireworks, and the weather looks good for it. The farm share has started.

These last ten weeks of our countdown, I’m writing a short weekly (paper) letter to RacingSnail with ‘top 7’ lists of one kind and another. I thought that might be a fun way to pass the remaining time. After all... this is the Final Countdown! :D

Countdown is at 63 days! :eek:

My first two weekly countdown letters have been ‘7 things I can’t wait to do together’ and ‘7 songs that make me think of you’. :D

My temporary housemate has found her next living situation, so the way will be clear for me soon to do a deep clean of RacingSnail’s room and start receiving boxes of books and DVDs! (He hasn’t settled on a shipping method for his other stuff yet, so those are coming first.) I’m on vacation at the moment though, so nothing to start working on for another six days of ‘not having to do my chores or my workouts’ bliss! Instead I get to go to Into the Woods tomorrow, visit with my brother either Sunday or Monday, and basically read and relax a lot. Then head home on July 4th! That will be RacingSnail’s and my 2.5 year anniversary, too. Probably I’ll be too busy traveling to do much, but maybe I’ll surprise him with an unscheduled call.... :)

Countdown: 57 days

Happy half-anniversary to RacingSnail and me! 2.5 years achieved. :p I don’t usually celebrate halfway through the year, but it amuses me that this falls on Independence Day, so I take a minute to acknowledge what the fireworks are *really* about. :D

I can’t WAIT to see MonkeyMan today!! Kiddo and I have been away on vacation with my parents for ten days, and boy oh boy have I been missing that guy. Now if only there wasn’t a humid heatwave, everything would be perfect.

Countdown: 12 days.

I have a lot to do in the next 12 days, and it’s just a pale imitation of how much RacingSnail has to do!! We’re working to support each other through this busy time with texting every morning and evening. He has decided to send his stuff with Greyhound (except the books and DVDs, which go Media Mail, and whatever he’s putting in the car with us). He’s already collecting up some snacks for the road!

Excited and scared!

Countdown: 5 days.

Shit’s getting real, y’all! I’ve got my to-do list broken down by the day. Everything’s ordered and delivered (I needed a few things for my trip) but nothing’s packed for this trip, at least on my end! RacingSnail is utterly overwhelmed (of course) but has gotten a little help from his mom and stepdad with his packing and taking things to Goodwill. His sister has offered to pay for him to get someone else to do the cleaning—I hope he takes her up on the offer.

He has settled on a mixed strategy for getting his goods out here—some things sent media mail through USPS (unfortunately they already mangled one box and it’s unclear if he’ll be able to recover any of the books that were in it); some things sent by Greyhound bus that we’ll probably have to pick up at the larger bus terminal in Springfield; and some things in his car.

Holy guacamole I have an excite about this big change!

Congratulations, Sunray! I hope the move goes smoothly and no more books or things or people are harmed in the move :) Can't wait to hear your update after RacingSnail is all settled in your home.

Thanks, PinkPig!

We’re safely home. :) It was a long, eventful vacation, highlights of which included hitting it off splendidly with RacingSnail’s mom, seeing new wildlife and landscapes, and a whole lot of good driving weather and very little traffic.

Now starts the real adventure!

All is quiet on the home front. I’ve been enjoying RacingSnail’s vacation from working immensely... I won’t feel like he’s truly settled in here until he’s working on a regular schedule, but he has certainly unpacked and met a lot of my friends, and gotten looped into the household chores. We’ve settled into a groove with my sleeping routine; three nights a week on each side of the hall plus one wild card, but flexibly, so that if I need to go to bed early I might choose to be with MonkeyMan, or if somebody gets sick I’ll clear out of their space for a few days.

Overall, harmony is in ascension. And I had a lovely time celebrating my birthday with everyone!

Back