Well Hello There

CelsusX

Well, hello. I've been interested in polyamory for about 5 years, and am still interested in it. Really, it's the only lifestyle I want to live. My ex-girlfriend was bisexual, and so we played around with the idea, but we never actually got it off the ground. I'm a heterosexual male looking to join a couple who's open to sharing with me, whether that be an already-established male-female couple or an already established female-female couple. I'm looking to date more free-minded couples and individuals. I live in Louisville, KY, so it's already something I imagine would be difficult to accomplish. If you guys know of any useful resources—other than this website—I could implement, I'd be appreciative. Picture of myself (I'm on the left): https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ABrqRI9M92BMiVs&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG.

Greetings CelsusX,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

As for poly dating, your first option would be to try a poly-friendly dating site:

Next, look for poly groups and poly people in your local area. You can use the following sites to aid you in your search:

You can also google "Kentucky polyamory" and/or "Louisville polyamory" and see if anything comes up.

Or ...
"As for where to meet poly people, if by some chance you are interested in anything alternative like Renaissance fairs, goth culture, sci-fi conventions, indie music, bdsm, or any small fringe group, you will be more likely to meet people who have at least heard of poly and are accepting of it."
-- SpaceHippieGeek, Polyamorous Percolations

Even if it's not an "alternative" type group, if there's a club or something in your area that does something you're interested in, you can always join that group and it just gives you a way to get out there and meet people. If you meet someone on a platonic level and get to talking about poly, then they can decide how they feel about it without any "pressure to agree." Then if they do decide poly doesn't bother them too much, and some kind of romantic connection subsequently develops, you'll already have "had the poly conversation" with them.

As for general resources for just learning about poly, try these:

Hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, CelsusX!
Best of luck finding that right someone.
Wishing you tons of happiness.

And thanks, kdt26417, for all the info!

Happy to help, hope it points you in the right direction.

Back