Hello from 'Murica!

Asmo

Hey, guys. First, I normally go by Mister Asmodeus, which is how you'll find me named anywhere else on the Internet, but that was a no no when I was building my account, so it's just Asmo here. If you are so inclined, just call me Zach.

My situation. That's fucking important. I never was impressed by monogamy, but until recently, I had never had any experience in poly stuff. My studly boyfriend and I talked it over and recently let a beautiful trans woman into our folds, and truth be told, it's kind of the happiest I've been in a while. Together, we all bring a mass of awesomeness into each other's lives that I could not see being possible with just two people. Understanding that I am, without a doubt, meant to be polyamorous, I come here seeking discussion friendship with others like me.

Other stuff about me? That tends to be important. Let's see.

• I listen almost exclusively to metal. My favorite bands are Nightwish, Megadeth, Ensiferum, Five Finger Death Punch, and Iron Maiden. Yeah, I go over a wide range of sub-genres.
  • I'm a gamer. I play a lot of FarCry, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, BlazBlue, Metal Gear, sometimes CoD, etc, etc.
  • I love pro wrestling, even in this PG Era. Love The Undertaker, Kane, Foley, Dean Ambrose, HBK, Roman Reigns (don't judge me, he's got skill), The Rock, AJ Styles, and a plethora of other incredible performers.
  • I drink like Bender.
  • I'm a casual anime fan; my favorite of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist. And I prefer dubbed, don't kill me, I'd just rather not focus on the bottom three inches of my screen while I'm watching a show.
  • I'm a night owl. I work third shift, and I wouldn't function any other way.
  • I'm a brony, and Luna is best pony.
  • Aaaaand this is where it gets weird for some people, but I have a tulpa named Maya. Unless given explicit permission, I will not allow her to post here.

Hi and welcome! Can you explain what a Bender, brony, best pony, and tulpa are?

Yep! Bender is a robot character from animated sitcom Futurama who drinks alcohol to fuel himself. In essence, I'm just saying I really like a good drink.
A brony an adult fan of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, a surprisingly massive fanbase. Best pony just means favorite equine character from the show. So in English, "Luna is my favorite character."
And tulpas are a little complicated. Best described as "an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness."

Oh, okay, lots of popular culture references with a Buddhist concept thrown in the mix. I guess these are all things a 20-year old is interested in these days? I'm much older than you and haven't watched TV in about 5 years, am not really into cartoons anymore, and have always been attracted to the philosophical side of Buddhism more than the mystical, so I can't relate to many of these things. I've always love sci-fi, though. It seems that imaginary realms are very attractive to you. That's cool! Reality balances things out. You mentioned working 3rd shift - what do you do?

Btw, I know someone who is good friends with one of the metal bands you mentioned and always gets backstage passes, so he travels to see them whenever they are on tour.

Oh, okay, lots of popular culture references with a Buddhist concept thrown in the mix. I guess these are all things a 20-year old is interested in these days? I'm much older than you and haven't watched TV in about 5 years, am not really into cartoons anymore, and have always been attracted to the philosophical side of Buddhism more than the mystical, so I can't relate to many of these things. I've always love sci-fi, though. It seems that imaginary realms are very attractive to you. That's cool! Reality balances things out. You mentioned working 3rd shift - what do you do?

Btw, I know someone who is good friends with one of the metal bands you mentioned and always gets backstage passes, so he travels to see them whenever they are on tour.

Heh, you probably shouldn't look to me to figure out what the young people are up to nowadays. I'm a little strange, always have been.
You mentioned sci-fi. Thats cool. I like some of the more well-known things, like Star Trek and Dune.
Oh, and which band?

Edit: Oh, forgot. Mod team at Walmart.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say which band (to preserve my anonymity here), but they're huge and been around a long time. He and I are both old enough that we know people from way back before they made it big - me with actors and comedians, he with musicians and singers.

LOL, I consider Futurama sci-fi, too. Back when I had TV, I got into all the Trek shows (especially DS9), Earth: Final Conflict, Andromeda, Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, and Farscape. Can I count Forever Knight, Xena, and Hercules as sci-fi, too? I think of them more as fantasy than sci-fi. I liked the really cheesy low-budget shows, too, like Cleopatra 2525 and Warehouse 13. For a short while, I watched Dr. Who, but I had a lot to catch up on and then had to let go of my cable. Of course, when I was a little kid there was Twilight Zone and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!

I haven't read much lately, but I usually look for classic old sci-fi in used bookstores and thrift shops.

Last edited:
I have found that the kink community and the poly community (which in my area overlap significantly) are FULL of geeks, nerds, intellectuals, and strange thinkers. I think it's the mentality of "screw your normal, I'm gonna make up my own rules to live by" that leads them there...and I love that.

Asmo, I have peripherally heard of someone who uses that handle in some rather oldschool internet forums...you would not by any chance be familiar with a cranky old veteran of a werewolf who goes by a...um...tribe name that starts with W...would ya? He's the crusty original, there would be no mistaking him in the whole wide internet for anyone else...

Just curious. It is after all, a VERY small world. Anyways, welcome! :)

Greetings Zach,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You seem like an unusual and interesting type of guy. I used to be a night owl and worked grave shift. Long, long ago.

Sounds like your first poly experience is a joyful one. That's good to hear. I hope you'll enjoy your time on Polyamory.com as well.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back