A laugh about names and nickname picking...

A2Poly

I really want to pick nicknames for my partner and metamor (my BFF)... But I'm not very imaginative... So I notice a good number of people use initials, and think, ya, maybe, but literally everyone in the relationship has the same first initial, except me (and their daughter who shares mine, and their son. Even my daughter and HER partner have the same initial.)

So, partner, his wife, her bf, my daughter, her bf all have the same initial....

Oh, and my partner and my daughter's bf also share a first name! :eek:

My life is so confusing sometimes. :shakes head:

So... Suggestions on how to pick nicknames that are not initial based? Please?

Please avoid using initials. Sure, a lot of people do it, but I find that wading through an alphabet soup of characters usually makes me lose interest in the storyline.

Please avoid using initials. Sure, a lot of people do it, but I find that wading through an alphabet soup of characters usually makes me lose interest in the storyline.

Missed the part where everyone's initial is the same, huh? Lol.

D and D took my daughter D and her bf D out for dinner.

Bahaha.

no people do not like it when you just use initials it doesn't matter if they had different initials for everyone it just makes post harder to read your best bet is to call your daughter dawn and call her boyfriend Dan or something like thatame, huh? Lol.

D and D took my daughter D and her bf D out for dinner.

Bahaha.[/QUOTE]

no people do not like it when you just use initials. it's best to assign a name for every person you're talking about because it makes it easier for people to read and keep track of who you're talking about

I'm not particularly imaginative either. Hubby is Hubby because he's my husband. When I was seeing Guy, he was Guy because he was "the guy I was seeing."

S2 is S2 because he and Hubby have the same first--and as it turns out, middle--name, so Best Friend and I started calling him S2 to differentiate which man we were talking about. S2 is actually the nickname we use for him in real life, which amuses him greatly. When he first introduced himself to Alt, because he walks past her school each morning and had recognized her as my daughter because she and I look alike, he actually said to her, "Hi, I'm S2."

Best Friend is called that because that's who he is in my life. Alt's nickname is because she goes for more alternative looks (piercings, tattoos, unnaturally colored hair, etc.). Country's is because she likes country music, loves farms, and is training to be a veterinarian with an eye toward opening a practice in a rural area that doesn't have a vet nearby. Spikes is Spikes because that's the hairstyle he asked Alt for when she cut his hair last weekend; Beads is Beads because he's autistic and enjoys running beads through his fingers and watching them fall.

Some people here choose alternative names for the people in their lives; I chose to go mostly with nicknames that identify the people, rather than being actual names. For people who are minor characters in our lives, I sometimes choose names (like Betty), but more often still go with identifications. (Maple enjoys hiking and camping; Cat's screen name on the website we belong to is the name of a large wildcat; Ash is a smoker. I called Best Friend's girlfriend "Star" because her daughter was friends with Esther Earl, the girl who inspired John Green to write The Fault in Our Stars.)

I agree with Emm about the initial thing... even if your people didn't all have the same first initial, it can get confusing to try to remember which initial refers to which person.

Last edited:
It is a good idea to choose nicknames that describe the persons. However, it is actually more anonymous to pick names for them like "Dan" or "Beth". One idea is to take letters from their real names (first, middle, last name) and re-mix them.

Seeing everyone's point

Oaky so from now on Renee will be Renee, and Mark will be Mark.. The boys will be the boys... I always type out their names, then I have to go back and delete anyway...

Last edited:
no people do not like it when you just use initials. it's best to assign a name for every person you're talking about because it makes it easier for people to read and keep track of who you're talking about

Yes I understand that. The point of the post was that it was FUNNY that they all have the same initial. But obviously not funny, because when you have to explain funny it isn't. :/

I thought it was funny

I think we had a post about something that was like a funny situation, that brought up a good point people using initials in their posts (guilty), and that brought to light the fact that reading post with initials gets annoying.

So it was like a funny thing turned into like a teaching moment..

Lesson learned.. And I enjoyed it more than you might think..

I seem to remember this one time when someone's first initial was I. Now that was confusing ...

Ok. I 'named' them all. Hopefully I can remember these!

j7 j9

Oaky so from now on Renee will be Renee, and Mark will be Mark.. The boys will be the boys... I always type out their names, then I have to go back and delete anyway...

I mean given all the jacking on the panties. Just saying in your case.

You know Renee is a boy's name, but I'm guessing maybe she is the boy-girl in you cases as well.

that explains her always wanting to wear her feeldoe.

Why I make them spell it out

It is a name for males only when spelled René. The spelling Renée is for females.

I mean those tits might be hormonal.

Whenever my tits get hormonal, I always give them a twist or two.

Back