Moments in Poly

During a recent moment, my wife laughed and told me that she never thought that she would be such a slut - because she just loved that she got to (openly) fuck two different men, and even occasionally on the same day. I just smiled and said "well, you know - they say that poly-girls wear the slut title with pride".

Of course, in "The Ethical Slut", the authors reclaim the word "slut" and make it a title to be proud of. Anyone here ever given the reclaiming of the word any thought? :) Al

I don't think of slut as a derogatory thing, but I do associate it with casual sex and not sex within established relationships. I don't consider myself a slut anymore since I only have sex with 2 guys. If I start fucking around again with more random people, I'd feel slutty.

You know you're poly when you're trying to figure out a time/place to get a Christmas tree but have to coordinate 3 households' schedules and locations so it takes over an hour of planning. Lol

Happy Poly Moment (to borrow a phrase from "Cunning Minx's" podcasts) -

I finally got to spend a weekend with my long distance girlfriend that I met here on our forum ("Bouncing Betty"). I flew up to her locale where her local primary partner helped with the babysitting of her kids so that she could spend the weekend with me, and treated me like family with an apparent complete lack of jealousy. Saturday night, we had a get together at the bar where I also met her other secondary partner and his wife. Amazing experience. Al

Last edited:
You may be poly if .... you find yourself taking your wife's boyfriend's shirts to the cleaners while chatting on the phone with your girlfriend about plans for your next date. Just saying....

Happy Mother's Day!

My wife, Becky, and I were out early yesterday, Mother's Day, on the way to meet up with her younger sister and her Mom for a Mother's Day lunch and get together.

My wife was driving, so I sent both of my other partners each a "Happy Mother's Day!" text. Both immediately replied with the same message, "Please tell Becky 'Happy Mother's Day' from me (the partner) also". And, of course, Becky had me text them both back to extend her Mother's Day wishes to both of them as well. You know - I just had to pause and think "Wow - how amazing".

Meanwhile, knowing that my wife's boyfriend (with whom I have a kitchen table poly relationship, not best friends, but on good speaking terms) is not the best at remembering things like sending holiday wishes, I texted him to remind him to send Becky a Mother's Day text - which he did soon after, immediately making Becky's morning a bit brighter.

If someone had tried to convince me just three years ago that I would have been party to this set of circumstances, I would never have believed them. :)

And - Happy Mom's Day to all the moms on our forum!

Al

You might be Polly when.
You and you're wife have been looking for your friends glasses and finding them in the adult toy box.

I don't think of slut as a derogatory thing, but I do associate it with casual sex and not sex within established relationships. I don't consider myself a slut anymore since I only have sex with 2 guys. If I start fucking around again with more random people, I'd feel slutty.

I wear it with pride! Context matters; some rando I don't know says it I'm going to be pissed. People I know who know me; I love it and find it endearing and funny and sexy and kinda romantic. My guys tell me"I love my slut" all the time. I've been with them like...3 years and almost 11 years.

Doing two dudes at once or in the same day or both really floats my boat. It cranks up my libido too!

You may be a poly if you go out on a 20 mile Saturday morning bike ride with your wife's boy friend - and then take the kiddo out for the afternoon, so your wife and her boyfriend can have the house to themselves for a few hours. But you're not complaining, because you have a date with your girlfriend scheduled for Monday morning. :)

Last edited:
My long distance girl friend, BouncingBetty (on this forum), is not currently posting here as she tends to spend her available online time participating in local poly forums, but she texted me this yesterday (regarding the two boyfriends that she lives with). :)

When your boyfriend is getting dressed up fancy for his date with his other girlfriend and borrows pants from your other boyfriend...you might be poly.

On my local front, tomorrow's morning schedule includes another 20 mile bike ride with my wife's boy friend, and a date next week with my local girl friend.

Al

Back