Open and long-distance relationship

lelebass

Hi everybody!I'm in an open relationship with a wonderful girl since 2015 and everything has always been great. To be honest, the idea of having sex with other people has always been...an idea. We talked a lot about it but we never had a chance (and probably never really looked for it) to sleep with somebody else. Until now. We are both students and in september we started a study trip, I went to Lisbon and she went to England, and we are going to live a long distance relationship for nine months. She had sex with a guy and started dating him, and she really likes him. I know she's in love with me and she's being very lovely trying to calm me down when i sort of freak out, but sometimes is difficult. I'm not jealous of the guy, I just think that distance is playing a big role, and I find myself thinking about horrible and silly scenarios in which she leaves me because...she's just not in love with me anymore.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? Do you have any advice to give?

Thanks everybody

Hi lelebass,

Long-distance relationships are really hard to maintain. At least I think so. My suggestion is keep the communication going as much as possible. Stay in contact with each other. Share intimate feelings. Don't let her slip away. And you have to be able to trust her.

Will you be able to visit her at all in person, during the next nine months? It would probably help if you could.

Hang in there; that's a difficult situation.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back