Sexually Compatible VS Compatible Sexuality

Awesome stuff Ceoli!

I must admit my original intent was not as deep as this topic has become.

Vandalin - My original thought was that people did have chemistry (sexually compatible) but that chemistry is affected by the total of one persons broader sexual interests and capabilities (what I simply see as sexuality).

I understand my view on this and was wondering the perspective of others.

I am again happy that the topic has evolved in depth :)

Carry on!

I have to admit, I'm still rather confused by the analogy.

Is "the game" meaning "being in a romantic relationship" or "playing with a lot of people" or simply "something more than just catch" ?

I think it's definitely possible for two people to have a wonderful sexual relationship while understanding that they couldn't work as a couple. I also believe that people can be very emotionally and sexually connected, very happy with both, and yet not have all their sexual needs met by that one connection. And sometimes people have a great sexual relationship that develops into an emotional bond without the commitment of being "in a relationship" so they have "more than just catch" but not wanting to "play the game"

I'm not sure if any of this is what you mean by "not compatible sexuality" ?

It it almost seems like my interpretation is "sexually compatible" vs "emotionally compatibility" ... having sex is part of one's sexuality. If your sex is compatible, it seems to follow that your sexuality is also?

Yep yep yep..

I can find someone incredibly sexxy and sexually compatible, but they are interested in things that *I* find squicky :eek:

Those things may be hard limits for me but necessary for their sexual expression.

Using one of my kinks as an example - I like humiliation play - but don't use me as a toilet.... that's a deal breaker for me.

So yes - I think that I can be sexually compatible but our sexuality be incompatible.

Jane

Back