Getting to know you questions!

ClockworkDragon

So I finally have a second date with someone I'm actually interested in, with the potential for future relationship status. He's not poly, but he's asked LOTs of questions about it, and is open minded and intrigued. He wants to meet my husband, eventually, and he has kids he'd like me to meet. WE get along great.

The problem is, I don't know what to ask him to get to know him better! He's asked me some great questions about poly, and my relationship, but I'm so new to dating (even when I was mono, and as a teen, I never dated much. Just kinda fell in with friends and never got serious.) He's aware of my intentions, he knows I'm looking for a semi-serious relationship.

So what are some things I can ask as icebreakers/getting to know you stuff? We're getting together late tonight; I am prepared for and expecting hanky panky, but we enjoy each others' company, so I suspect we'll be talking a good bit too.

We've already had the safe sex discussion, and I'm planning on doing the uncomfortable std status thing. Beyond the practical... what should I ask him? What would YOU ask a new potential partner? What have you asked of people you'd like to get to know better?

Not sure how much you know about this guy already. I'll think up a few questions, you can just use them as ideas if you want to think up other questions.

• What do you do professionally
  • How many places have you lived
  • What's the craziest thing you did as a kid
  • What's your favorite movie/TV show
  • What do you do most weekends
  • What kinds of music do you like
  • Do you ever talk religion or politics
  • What are some of your hobbies
  • Do you have any pet peeves
  • What can you tell me about your family
Stuff like that.

Back