Unsure!

Alchemy

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for someone like me, but maybe someone can point me in the right place if not.

I've been with my bf for about 2 years monogomously. About 6 months into our relationship he disclosed that he was really interested in certain types of kink but hadn't really explored it yet. I was open to certain softcore kinds of tings, but nothing like what he was suggesting. I was pretty upset at the time, not because he had those interests, but because I was worried he would never be satisfied without them and I couldn't give that to him. He assured me it would be fine.

Fastforward...we talked about it a bit again and I said maybe he should try occasionally experimenting in those things with someone else and he agreed he'd like to do that. I on the other hand have no interest whatsoever in having sex with anyone else. I also don't want him to be in a 'relationship' wtih anyone - to me, this is just for him to explore his kink interests.

Anyway I feel ok with the idea of him just doing those things, but it is bringing up a lot of fear of what if he falls in love, doesn't want me anymore, etc. etc. So I guess I am looking for support from other people in a similar situation where you are monogomous but your partner is not.

Greetings Alchemy,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Re:
"... fear of what if he falls in love, doesn't want me anymore, etc."

Those items don't necessarily arrive in the same package. He could fall in love but still want you too. In fact that's the essence of what poly is. Not that there's any guarantees here, but.

Here are some mono/poly resources for you:

Hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back