Hello from CO

JoBlack

Hello everyone,

I am Jo, I am just this side of 33, I am an SSN teacher by profession in Colorado, and I have been living an alternate lifestyle for over 10 years now, which at this point includes Poly amongst other things, but Poly is my primary concern right now. I am remarried, and my wife and I have a son together who is about a year and a half old.

My primary relationship is with my wife, who is also Poly; she currently has a relationship with her boyfriend of about 6 months. I myself am now about 4 months departed from my non-primary relationship with a woman, whom we are still good friends despite the choice to end the relationship's intimacy.

I am a low libido individual, and while my wife is my primary sexual partner, I am not her primary sexual partner. We are each other's primary emotional partners, and live together, very happily for the most part.

I am here mostly to explore the experiences of other people in poly, and in particular to see if there is any presence of other LL men in poly. I compound this by the matter that I am not in additional relationships right now, and have no desire or intention of seeking one out right now due to my desire to improve myself.

I am glad to have found a location that is a more private forum, rather than the open-world format of reddit. Thank you for having me.

Hi, Jo! I'm in Colorado, too. There are a few people here from this region. Hope you find the forum as enjoyable as I have!

I think one of the best parts of being polyamorous is that it relieves the pressure on individuals to be every single thing that their beloved partner might need and want. Thus also freeing us to appreciate our partners for who they are without yearning for them to be anything that they're not, and giving all of us more freedom to be our own true selves. At least that is how I see it.

Greetings Jo,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I guess you could say I am a low-libido type, even though I was far from that in the past. It seems that advancing age has changed things for me.

I think that there is a wide range of reasons why people become poly; the important thing is that it is done with mutual consent. I am glad you could join us, and look forward to your future posts.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back