Colorado Springs Poly Get Together- TOMORROW

Spork

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - 6:30 - 9:00 PM

Voodoo Leatherworks (entrance to the rear/downstairs level of building, parking off of Race St.--NOT in the Dance Hall lot in front.)
2422 W. Busch, Colorado Springs

Free

Vanilla Casual attire (this is a social event, not a play party)

This is our first official live get together for the Colorado Springs Poly group. We will be doing introductions, talking about the different flavors of poly and how we all fit ourselves into that mix.

Svetlana has agreed to provide space for this get together and future meetings the second Tuesday each month as long as we have sufficient interest. These will be open meetings and you need not be a member of our group, Voodoo, or any other kink group to attend. You are free to invite your vanilla poly friends as well.

If you care to bring a snack to share it will be welcomed, but is not required. We would rather share your companionship than your food.

(From the event listing on Fetlife.)

I plan to go and the RSVP list on FL looks promising...

Colorado Springs Poly get together

There was a great turnout and a lot of interest in an ongoing poly meeting thing to happen once a month. So it looks like the second Tuesday of every month will now be for that, at Voodoo.

Granted since this takes place at the BDSM club, there are many people in power exchange relationships who go. So while one definitely doesn't have to be involved in such things to attend, one really should be at least comfortable being around kinky people and hearing about it.

We are trying to figure out what all we'll want to do in future meetings. Obviously discussion, whether in whole-group format or broken up into smaller groups, or just optional to do either at the discretion of attendees... Someone suggested some kind of play parties, and another person would like to do a small group book club.

Those who are interested in poly, curious about poly, want to learn things, hear how others navigate poly relationships, etc. are also totally welcome. :)

Next poly get together at Voodoo is on Tuesday, March 8 (one week from today) if anyone is interested. I know we've got plenty of Colorado people here on this forum, so thought I'd remind you!

If you do show up, look for a short brunette with very round glasses and come on up and say hello!

The get together at Voodoo is happening again tonight, and also they are planning a New Members Social on Saturday night this week, 7-11PM, in case anyone is interested in coming and checking it out without all the crazy play party stuff going on.

If anyone ever wants any directions or further info, feel free to PM me!

Tonight is First Fridays at the Underground, and tomorrow night is the Tastings party at Voodoo. Both are excellent for anyone new to the community here in Colorado Springs!

And a reminder, the poly meetup at Voodoo is now a monthly thing, meets every second Tuesday from 7pm to 9pm. This month it will be on the 14th.

No memberships are required for either First Fridays or the poly discussion group.

Orientation and membership IS required for the play parties, including the one tomorrow night, at Voodoo. But it's easy to do, just show up at 6:30 and pay your $20 for annual membership and $10 for the party itself, and you're in.

The people are friendly and fun! Come on out and meet us, Colorado folks!

Are these meetings continuing?

I'm moving to Colorado Springs early next year, and these events sound lovely! are they still ongoing?

Yes, there is a poly discussion group thing every second Tuesday evening at Voodoo.

Voodoo Leatherworks can be searched on Google maps, the location is not some kind of a huge secret or anything, although you'd never look at the place and guess what it is if you didn't know.

We have more or less stopped doing our First Fridays meetup at the Underground downtown, because the bar is under new ownership and they've changed it from the very welcoming gay bar it used to be, to a loud and smoke filled hip hop dance club, and it's just not as conducive to the kind of gathering we had going on anymore. Now there is a social meetup at Voodoo on First Friday, unless and until we find a new bar or restaurant venue we want to try to hold it at.

Most, if not all, community events are listed under Colorado Springs events on fetlife.com for poly, swingers, and BDSM scenes here. There is a lot going on, and a lot of really cool, fun, and welcoming people. :)

Feel free to get in touch with me when you get here, I'd be happy to let you know what's happening and introduce you to a number of folks in the community.

You're going to a get together in England and one in Colorado Springs, too?

And what do you mean, buying?

:confused:

Back