Confusion and Jealousy Amongst the Triad

After I got pregnant, both my boyfriend and girlfriend have been getting into fights over who's spending more time with who, and special attention, and stuff like that, but I'm 11 weeks pregnant with twins, so what's wrong with getting more attention? Also, the full sized bed is a bit small, so every night someone has to sleep on the couch every night and they both complain that I never sleep on the couch.

Editing isn't working, but I made a typo, 10 weeks, not 11

Are you guys all living together? Sounds crowded.

Maybe you guys could plan for larger space so each person has their own bed/bedroom?

Galagirl

Are you guys all living together? Sounds crowded.

Maybe you guys could plan for larger space so each person has their own bed/bedroom?

Galagirl

Yeah, that's the plan, but right now we only have one extra bedroom but we're turning that into the nursery. We're saving to get an actual house with at least three bedrooms, that way the other two can have a bedroom to themselves and I would sleep with the babies, because that is my duty, I appointed the job to myself, but four bedrooms would be ideal, especially when they're older, but we're all in college, so that won't be for a while.

Babies won't be here for a while yet.

If you live in a 2 bedroom, could skip doing the nursery right now and use the bedroom for adults to alleviate the present day crowdedness. Buying a twin bed for one adult for now in the other bedroom might be more affordable and leave space for crib later.

If it takes time to save up for a better home situation? Could arrange it so you take turns being "night parent on baby duty" and "resting parents in the couple bed" in the two bedrooms you have available. Then nobody has to be on a couch and the load is shared across all the parents.

Galagirl

Last edited:
Bigger bed!

Or add space to the bed.. However!? I've had this issue before! Browny points for creativity.... We added an air mattress..it fit perfectly in the space available next to the bed... Way more space!!
Leave the other room for when one wants/needs privacy and don't be hurt that one is asking for privacy... Some of us just need it.... Just like you need food!

Fun times!

So, the father has moved in with the two of you? Why so FAST? Just because you are pregnant does not mean he has to move in with you at this point. Slow down.

So, the father has moved in with the two of you? Why so FAST? Just because you are pregnant does not mean he has to move in with you at this point. Slow down.

It is fast, but my girlfriend works two part-time jobs and goes to school, and I live nowhere near anyone close to me, so if something happens we need someone home and he doesn't spend all his time here, he has a dorm, he just wants to a) be here in case and b) get used to the house for when it would be really useful to have him here.

Hi DripDropDiggsManuel,

Sounds like you guys are having some growing pains getting used to each other, also there's not enough room for the three of you in the place that you now have. Keep working toward having that three-bedroom house, and maybe later still you can move into a four-bedroom house. Also I don't know if a bigger bed would be possible, in the near future?

Hang in there.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back