I don't think I'm poly, actually...

This. I don't consider myself poly. If the relationship fits, I'm equally happy in a mono or poly arrangement. OTOH, Blue is decidedly poly. Trying to be in a mono relationship doesn't/hasn't ever worked for him.

Yup, this for me too.

Mal identifies as poly. He told me a big part of what attracted him to Djinn at first was her attitude towards sex/multiple partners. I don't think he considered poly because she always wrote the rules. Once she said the rules included poly he had a "oh! This! This is how I'm supposed to be!" Moment and I don't think he can go back (even if we don't last, I think he'll end up with multiple romantic as well as sexual partners).

I don't. I handle it very well, I have jealousy (of course!) but rarely about who he loves, and more about how he spends his time if it means I get short changed, but it isn't a need for me. Poly has been a bumpy journey for me, and I doubt I'd go looking for another poly relationship if this with Mal doesn't last. That said, I wouldn't rule it out. I'm much, much better at 'relationshiping' than I was at the beginning of our relationship. I like the growth in myself that poly (and Mal) has helped me achieve.

I'm someone who ID's as poly - whether I am involved with more than one or not (and I, for the record, consider FWBs as poly enough for my definition). I feel the need to leave that possibility open, I think Dude feels the same way. (Willing to close for a period of time, but not indefinitely.)

My husband, I would describe as "poly-flexible" - happy to be monogamous if that is requested, but open to "more" if that is ok with all involved.

Yup, this for me too.

I don't. I handle it very well, I have jealousy (of course!) but rarely about who he loves, and more about how he spends his time if it means I get short changed, but it isn't a need for me. Poly has been a bumpy journey for me, and I doubt I'd go looking for another poly relationship if this with Mal doesn't last. That said, I wouldn't rule it out. I'm much, much better at 'relationshiping' than I was at the beginning of our relationship. I like the growth in myself that poly (and Mal) has helped me achieve.
This is when I get jealous as well. I'm not jealous of his wife, but I do get jealous if I lose out on our time. We are long distance so our time is precious

Here is one more who ID's as poly. I found the concept of polyamory before my first ever sexual relationship and it just made so much sense to me. I decided to only ever have open polyamorous relationships, and that is how I have lived my life. Have zero interest in trying out monogamy or any other closed relationship structure. My poly philosophy is the first thing I tell new potential partners, and all my relationships have started from there.

Here is one more who ID's as poly. I found the concept of polyamory before my first ever sexual relationship and it just made so much sense to me. I decided to only ever have open polyamorous relationships, and that is how I have lived my life. Have zero interest in trying out monogamy or any other closed relationship structure. My poly philosophy is the first thing I tell new potential partners, and all my relationships have started from there.

Same here:D

Back