After sex with others, what happens at home?

My wife and I are both having sex with others these last few days. She's slept out with her girlfriend and I've had them over. When we come together this evening, as we have in the past, we will become very affectionate together. We'll sit closer on the couch and touch more frequently trying to reconnect, reassure and wanting to share that it was special and I need you closer now.

So as I erase the evidence of my activities in the house I look forward to this time. I wanted to know how other couples handled the after sex glow. Is it frustrating and difficult? Is it exciting as you share your activities together? Is it neutral or don't ask don't tell? What happens after sex?

For us it's mostly pretty neutral, and not something that requires specific reconnection.

With our partners (as distinct from the rare more casual hookup) it's just a thing we assume happens, nothing special out of our lives and we don't even really worry THAT much about trying to make the house/bed look like it didn't happen, that much. No one's going to be freaking out about a stray condom wrapper under the bed or something, y'know?

If I have a casual hookup, Knight tends to want to know details as he has a bit of a voyeur streak and I'm more willing to share if it's not part of an intimate relationship, so it tends to be a sex-leads-to-more-sex thing.

There isn't anything special in my case. I have sex with my boyfriend, and occasionally with other people. And at some point afterward, I go home to Hubby. He knows I have sex with other people, obviously, and he doesn't care to know anything more than that, unless something happens that really turns me on, in which case he likes having me share it because he reaps some of the benefit.

We don't do any particular "reconnection" either. Hubby's an extreme introvert, so while he sometimes says he missed me when I return home after being gone for a night (or a few nights, if I'm away for some reason), the only thing he needs is a hug and he's fine.

He doesn't have other partners.

I walk in, greet the tiny pets, feed them (if it's time for that). Sometimes I get something to eat, or I watch documentaries to wind down. Sometimes I feed the pets and go right to sleep, especially if it's been a late night.

Actually this is the routine even if I hosted.

And that's what it's like not living with partners.

In the beginning of our polyfidelity (is that right?) relationship, our rule was sex could only happen if everyone was present, but, naturally, we didn't really follow this rule. Note that we were still in the quad setup and slept in separate bedrooms.

So, for about four months, TF and I were having sex in the morning on occasion and PF and he were in the afternoon. TF didn't say anything because he didn't want PF and I angry w/ each other...

So, eventually, I had suspicions that they were and I confronted PF. After we both talked about it, we thought we were okay and actually enjoyed the fact because it was a huge turn on. Problem was when jealousy stepped in and we had to address that w/ TF.

Now, months after discussing and realizing that it's okay if things happen separately, we carry on with our day to day lives. We don't really talk about the sex that happens without the other, unless directly asked about it in a "this will turn me on" type of manner. It also makes it somewhat easier because we three sleep in the same bed now.

:shrug: Everyone has different ways and I LOVE hearing about everyone's walk of life. :)

When Snowbunny has sex with Brother-Husband, I don't know about it (which is fine). As for Snowbunny and me, we have a very regular schedule for sex, and just blend it in as part of the day on (every other) Saturday. We don't have any intervals of heightened affection, at least not that I've noticed.

Re: polyfidelity ... the word has more than one definition, so it's hard to say if/when it is the right word. My V uses it because we don't have sex outside the three of us. Others use it for other definitions.

Hope that answers your question minnegander.

Re: polyfidelity ... the word has more than one definition, so it's hard to say if/when it is the right word. My V uses it because we don't have sex outside the three of us. Others use it for other definitions.

Hope that answers your question minnegander.

It does. Thank you!

I walk in, greet the tiny pets, feed them (if it's time for that). Sometimes I get something to eat, or I watch documentaries to wind down. Sometimes I feed the pets and go right to sleep, especially if it's been a late night.

Actually this is the routine even if I hosted.

And that's what it's like not living with partners.

This sounds *so* delicious.

Back