What is your 'story'

I don't have a story. None of us currently live together, so it has't been an issue. But I'm open about it to whomever asks, or if it comes up in conversation. The last few months, with two regular, stable partners I've been telling a lot more people than before. 5 out of 6 parents know, and the 6th one may have figured it out.

So far I've been fortunate enough to not have any seriously negative opinions or judgments, just a few misconceptions of what polyamory actually means.

I'm out to my two best friends and my siblings. That's it. I was persecuted in my mono marriage for being poly and the few times I've tried to broach poly I've been laughed at (by people who are no longer friends). I am in the military so tread cautiously about being out.

I've just started dating again after my mono marriage and I am weighing up when to tell people I date. Atm I am dating two people (one who kind of knows and his parents are poly) but we only see each other once a month and he's seeing other people which I'm fine about. The other we had our second date today and I will just see how it goes. It was a month before I broached it with the first guy. I still consider myself very much single atm as I've not had or wanted a commitment or 'where is this going' talk with either yet.

Back