Good Triad books?

TangledWebbs

I am looking for a few books for triads that might be helpful in the beginning stages for this lifestyle. (Helping to familiarize my husband with things, helpful tips, etc.)

Thanks so much! =]

More Than Two
Opening Up

I second Bluebird's suggestion. Also, please know that triads are not the only way to have polyamorous relationships (plus, they are the most difficult to sustain). So, those books do address other poly configurations as well. There is no one particular kind of lifestyle needed to practice polyamory - it can be incorporated into almost any lifestyle!

Thank you!!!
LOVE "the More than two" site. I think that resource will become very helpful in the future. I am still very new to all of this, but have been doing some research and think Polyfi, triad, PIVOT, and Vee all seem to stand out to our situation. I guess I don't know exactly which ones are completely accurate at this point, but I'm learning more everyday. :D

The More Than Two book is really, really good too!

Here's something I found in Poly Biography:

"Three in Love: Menages a Trois from Ancient to Modern Times

Barbara Foster
Michael Foster
Letha Hadady

Three in Love provides provides numerous biographies of many of the most famous menages (triads) of the past or present. The book is extrememly extensive, covering dozens of triads. While this book's examination of only one form of polyfi relationship may seem a little limiting to many, I personally found something warm and comforting in the procession of triads.

Because the authors are in a long-term triad themselves, I find that they bring a different viewpoint to the areas of history their biographies cover, and that alone makes this book fascinating reading."

It's hard to find books specifically on triads, but as mentioned, Opening Up and More than Two (both the books and the websites are good) are both excellent how-to books for how to do poly in general.

Correct. :) I've also heard "point" used ... so point, pivot, or hinge take your pick although hinge is the most commonly used.

I just saw this article in the news about a triad who had two children together

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...0-days-one-three-insist-couldn-t-happier.html

In my opinion its a bit sensationalist and sadly heteronormative (they aren't his wives, in fact they married each other before ever being with him) but overall does discuss one way triads function.

I've been in a triad for 4 years. Actually, my wife and I are both pregnant right now too, due only a few days apart. Our triad was accidental, which I think most people recognize as the easiest way for triads to form.

Back