Court gives three parents custody

AutumnLeaves

Always encouraging to hear that legal decisions are moving more toward 3+ parenting rulings.

I can't help but wonder ... If this was 2 dads instead of 2 mums would they still think 'it's only fair that the child keep all their parents in their life' or woulf the excess father be considered irrelevant?

But aside from that, this is awesome! I never actually thought of how polyamorous breakups might affect things like child custody, and it's good to see that it has the potential to end well for everyone involved.

Interesting read. I think in some places the dad factor is becoming less of a question and more of a guarantee. I recently went through custody court when my ex opposed my petition for shared custody. I don't believe anyone ever really wins in custody court, but the judge ruled heavily in my favor. I didn't get everything but my ex was by all accounts eviscerated. I spent 1000s of hours working on my case which contributed to this victory. In an unusual statement the judge addressed the court and identified my wife, their step mom as one of the positive factors in my kids lives and said she took that into consideration along with my exemplary parenting since the split.

TL;DR
I'm a dad who beat my ex hard in court and got my kids, and my wife who shares no blood relation was a contributing factor. Times are changing.

Back