Research: Maastricht University conducting new research into polyamory and well-being

AlongCamePoly

Hello!

I haven't been very active since I joined but I hope to show my face around here a bit more often from now on.

I am posting here a request for research participants. This is official university research. You'll notice that the URL is from the Maastricht University website.

Most importantly, I believe the impact of this research will be real and positive for poly people. Poly is currently stigmatised even by mental health professionals! I'm sure we all know someone who has been judged by or had trouble finding a therapist when needed. But the truth (that we know as polyamorists, but can't yet show evidence for as scientists) is that polyamory is often an asset to well-being rather than always being a detriment.

I won't say too much and bias the results, but there is sufficient information at the following link:

https://maastrichtuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5gsMb5wz1TEjHcF

I hope you guys can see the value in this for poly communities. Cheers!

In sum:

• Maximum of 10 minutes
  • Positive impact in the field of sexuality concerning the perceptions and treatment of polyamorous people
  • Hypotheses/expectations are listed at the end of the research (if you want to know them without taking the survey, please send me a message).

I took the survey, it wasn't hard to do but it took more than 10 minutes, more like 30 minutes. I went back and forth on some of the answers. Sometimes I had to guess, such as on household income.

I would recommend for others to take the survey too, although some will probably have some issues with it.

It's confusing. I don't know if I even qualify for the survey since I'm in a polyamorous relationship but mostly monoamorous. Ha ha.

I found this survey to be easier and less tedious than many others have been. Interesting that this one asked more about our relationships in general and not with regard to each specific partner.

OP - please come back and post when the research is complete for those who don't want to use a personal email to request results.

JaneQ

Back