Successful Messages

KC43

We have the "Most Recent OKC message" thread, but that seems to be mostly about WTF messages people have received. In light of a couple-few questions on here lately about meeting people online, and given my own difficulties in composing coherent introduction messages, I was thinking maybe people might be willing to share either messages they've sent that have led to good results--or at least answers--or messages others have sent that rated a response and maybe led to something. (Nothing too personal, but just a basic idea.)

The one message I've received on either OKC or AFF that stands out most in my mind, and that rated a reply even though at the time I was adamant that I didn't want to meet anyone else and wasn't going to answer messages, was "Hello! I commute into (city) daily with the rest of the lemmings."

My lack of success on OKC was probably, well first of all due to the fact that I lived nowhere near the women that interested me, and second of all due to the fact that I was much too old for the women with a high match percentage.

I had a few reasonably good experiences; a few, just a few women did answer my messages and had friendly conversations with me. No romance, but conversation that lasted for awhile.

I think it helped that in my initial messages, I tried to lift up something out of the woman's profile and make a comment about it. [shrug] But I didn't have the patience for it, and eventually deleted my profile.

"Hi, there! How are you this fine evening?"

Now before you roll your eyes, I did have OKC in an open tab so it probably looked like I was browsing the site. I had also just checked out her profile about a half an hour earlier. I had made a mental note to look her up after I found a new place because she is married. But that one-liner turned into a two hour conversation and a tentative meeting and play date this weekend. We shall see...

Nice! I hope things go well! I think maybe if you strike up a conversation with someone who's online while you're also online, it's a bit easier than if you're sending a message they might not see until a day or more later.

I had to resurrect my OKC profile to grab some.

I've been waiting for decades to use the word perspicacious, and you nailed it in the first sentence of your profile. You're my hero. :)

Found a conversation from way back between Bond and me from before we started dating. I was stalking him while chatting and I came across this answer/explanation he gave:

Q: You flush the toilet...
A: Always
Explanation: I assume the question means after you put something in the toilet. Not just anytime you pass by. Because that would be kind of compulsive. Which is okay too, but uses up resources needlessly. :)

That one made me laugh.

This one was funny and had a good tale to tell.

Good morning!

Your eyes keep drawing me in. Then I read your profile and see we 'match' at a high percentage, and I figure I have to take a chance to write and see if we really connect.

Since you like good stories --- here's mine: Back when I was in my early 20s, I was at the Irish Pub on State Street. Of course, my friends and I had had a few. And the conversation came around to being naked (because why wouldn't the conversation take that turn?) I made the bold statement that I wouldn't care who saw me naked -- and then offered to prove it. For $300 I would streak down state street -- 3 blocks. So, my friends make an announcement to the bar that I was going to do this if they could raise the money -- and literally started passing a hat around. After not much time at all -- the required prize money was raised and ground rules were established. One of my comrades took the car down to [X] Street and waited for me. I disrobed -- and away I went! This was right around 12:30am -- so there were plenty of people along the street to cheer me on. Got to the end of State Street, jumped in the waiting car -- and was $300 richer.

This message led into some great conversations, but alas we were hours and hours apart so we never met.

I know that [my city] is not close, and therefore unlikely geographically desirable, but there's just something about you. Aside from being entirely sexy, your attitude, and humor are very inspiring, and quite a bit in line with what I have been seeking. I don't know that there's any value in such a far reaching message, but it doesn't ever hurt to hear that someone, even one who is a 3 hour drive away, finds you so appealing...

And, who knows?

I dated the guy that sent this message. We were pretty great together, but I think that's what freaked him out and he ended things after 2 months. He was mono and I found that I really missed having multiple partners in my life. I missed not having the freedom to flirt with others. It helped me decide that I was definitely on the poly train.

No one who goes to Burning Man could rightfully go by the moniker "vanilla" but I applaud the effort to remain under the radar. Participating in that zoo is on my bucket list. Is 51 too old to begin burning???

Good morning. I like your profile .. not only because of the things you say you like that we have in common (the movies / tv shows we both like, we are both in the technology space) but more so because of HOW you describe yourself. It is obvious that you are fun, intelligent, creative, flirtatious, positive and confident. You wouldn't have had to use any of those words explicitly [FYI: I didn't use those words], it is apparent (or should be) to anyone who reads your profile. Plus, you used perspicacious! I mean, who uses that in an OKC profile? Come on! Gotta message that woman!

Sweet Jebus! I have total profile envy now. Congrats, this is a Masters Thesis, no lie...

M

P.S. Let me know when you've burned through everyone else. I can keep up.

You are incredibly beautiful and you sound absolutely wonderful! You sound like you really know the difference between simply living life and getting out and experiencing it. We seem to be looking for the exact same thing in a relationship but more importantly bring the same thing. You are looking for something very real just like I am which unfortunately seems to be rare these days. Please look at my profile and let me know if you would be interested in getting to know each other. I hope you have a fantastic day and I have to say I really do hope I hear from you:)

Why hello there, If you take me to Burning Man can I take you to Sturgis? Pretty please?!? Both of them have been something that I've always wanted to do, but I just haven't known the right person to do them with. I love a good roadtrip.

I'd love to compare dad sotries about boating on the Mississippi, my dad was a geologist for the university and his story involves running out of gas and going over a wing dam.

There are definitely things I miss about not having an active OKC profile. The flattery over looks not so much, but the connecting with others very much. I simply like people, a lot. :)

Last edited:
. . . that one-liner turned into a two hour conversation and a tentative meeting and play date this weekend. We shall see...
By "play date" you mean sex, right? And you've already tentatively scheduled a play date without having met her first?

Was the 2-hour convo via chat or phone? Just curious.

By "play date" you mean sex, right? And you've already tentatively scheduled a play date without having met her first?

Was the 2-hour convo via chat or phone? Just curious.

It was via OKC messages.

No, play date doesn't necessarily mean sex, as in intercourse. It does mean some impact play and whatever else we may negotiate. Of course we could meet and not click, which is why it's all tentative.

I will usually meet someone somewhere public before engaging in any play with them. There has only been a couple times I've met someone in a hotel room and it went well both times.

No, play date doesn't necessarily mean sex, as in intercourse. It does mean some impact play and whatever else we may negotiate.......There has only been a couple times I've met someone in a hotel room and it went well both times.

Just asking out of curiosity because this is way outta my wheelhouse, but impact play means hitting, right? Aren't the noises kind of alarming to other people in the hotel? I'm asking seriously. I would call the police if I were the manager of a hotel and it sounded as if an assault were happening inside one of the rooms. I imagine you have to be selective about where to engage in anything that goes beyond good old fashioned sex noises. (Not that BDSM doesn't also go back throughout the ages, but you know what I mean...)

Just asking out of curiosity because this is way outta my wheelhouse, but impact play means hitting, right? Aren't the noises kind of alarming to other people in the hotel? I'm asking seriously. I would call the police if I were the manager of a hotel and it sounded as if an assault were happening inside one of the rooms. I imagine you have to be selective about where to engage in anything that goes beyond good old fashioned sex noises. (Not that BDSM doesn't also go back throughout the ages, but you know what I mean...)

Yes, impact play is hitting. I used to do things like turn the TV on, but that sort of kills the mood. Luckily I've never had the cops called on me. I'm not sure if one would mistake it for sounds of assault though. Usually there are loud moans of pleasure happening.

But yes, it can be a PITA, especially when you have roomates. I can't play in my apartment.

I've done impact play in hotel rooms. One was several sessions, but it was at the hotel that was hosting a kink conference. So, all kinds of odd things were happening. The other time was just an ordinary hotel visit. And it probably sounded like people having sex and doing some spanking. Probably not that out of the ordinary for hotels.

KC i imagine you message people by referencing something in their profiles as in Petunia's examples?

That's how it goes. You write nicely here! So you can in PMs on okc too, I'm sure. I guess I try to project a positive happy interested attitude in my messages.

Wow, y'all must go to different hotels than I do. Loud sex and spanking aren't run of the mill hotel noises in my experience. But I'm glad you're having fun, Mag and Vin.

Well, I probably bite the pillow a little more in a hotel.

I've heard beds squeaking rythymically through the wall in hotels. It's hilarious. One time it went on and on. I was with friends and we were shouting, Let her be, man, jeez!

Back