Coconut Oil as a Lube

I do take spoonfuls of it straight up. Mild flavor of coconut and creamy smooth.

I also mix it with a spoonful of raw nut butter to change the flavor (peanut butter, almong butter, sunflower butter).

Sometimes add coconut flakes to it for fiber.

It's all good!

This sounds good! I'd spread it on homemade biscuits ;)

As far as lube goes, am I weird that I rarely ever use it? And in the past two years, only one of my lovers has ever wanted to use lube. Most guys say "no" when I ask them. And if you put on a little too much, the condom slips off. So, I don't get the appeal. Obviously, if I were into anal, I would be using it more, but I'm not. So, my natural juiciness seems plentiful enough for fucking. Am I missing something?

I don't use it often either... I've never needed it for any partnered act except anal, but I like to keep informed on what is and isn't a good option just in case. :) I've known way too many women have other health issues that affected their sexual habits/abilities so I figure it's easier to keep up with it than freak out when/if I ever do have issues.

I need lube due to health issues. Otherwise I wouldn't use it. And hubby likes flavored lubes for oral, so I have no objections ;)

I use lube for PIV if it is going to be going on for any extended period of time (even if I start out well-lubed PIV tends to "use up" what I make) - I like the warming stuff and the His/Hers sets. BUT if there is any chance we will be switching it up later I prefer this cheap Kiwi-Strawberry stuff I picked up at Wally-World...tastes better (on his lips OR his penis).

None of us has any reactions to anything (or condom issues to consider) but it is good to know alternatives In Case of Emergency (i.e. empty lube bottle).

JaneQ

This was a great post. I use coconut oil in my massage room and its very popular for my clients. However, like it was brought up ealier please make sure your partner(s) aren't allergic to any lubes that might be used.
CG

Nyc-I have herpes, and even a small amount of friction can cause a break out. If I use lube-I very rarely have any issues. But, even the friction of panties in hot weather can be a problem. (so I don't wear them on vacation to hot areas :eek: )

Thus-the lube.

No sugar in coconut oil-so that isn't a problem AND coconut oil is prescribed to fight yeast (it kills it actually) so it is a GREAT solution to the issue that sugar in THAT area actually causes. Not only does it not have the sugar, but it will resolve the yeast issues and it isn't high in bacteria either-so it's not promoting bacterial issues either!

Thumbs up all around.

The ONLY downside we've found thus far-in research, talking to the Dr and use-is that it MAY cause breakdown of latex condoms (this has NOT been verified, the Drs knew MOST oils do, but evidently this one hasn't been confirmed to as it has a different molecular structure? I am NOT a scientist).

But-that's arbitrary for OUR purposes, as we are all fluid bonded.

IT would however be important for anyone who was considering use with lovers they need to use protection with.

Other then that-the Drs say its a great product for the purpose for a variety of reasons and we have found it to work great, smell great, feel great and clean up nicely too. :)

Good info LR! I am diabetic, so I have problems with both producing enough fluids and yeast, so we'll be looking at getting some this month :)

The ONLY downside we've found thus far-in research, talking to the Dr and use-is that it MAY cause breakdown of latex condoms (this has NOT been verified, the Drs knew MOST oils do, but evidently this one hasn't been confirmed to as it has a different molecular structure? I am NOT a scientist).

There are condoms out there that are not latex and not lamb skin. They all start with poly - there are a few variations but they are not latex. You may want to look into those.

Last edited:
There are condoms out there that are not latex and not lamb skin. They all start with poly - there are a few variations but they are not latex. You may want to look into those.

I recently posted about these in another thread!

Lifestyles Skyn and Avanti Bare are both polyisoprene condoms. Best. Material. Ever. Closest thing to nothing we've ever used, and I've never known anyone to have a bad reaction to them.

As far as lube goes, am I weird that I rarely ever use it? And in the past two years, only one of my lovers has ever wanted to use lube. Most guys say "no" when I ask them. And if you put on a little too much, the condom slips off. So, I don't get the appeal. Obviously, if I were into anal, I would be using it more, but I'm not. So, my natural juiciness seems plentiful enough for fucking. Am I missing something?

I like to use it for handjobs. I usually combine oral with hjs, but about half the time, I get tired of providing enough saliva... so lube it is. My lovers love my long wet handjobs. I prefer also, giving a lubed up hj to a dry one, feels more sensuous.

I like to use it for handjobs. I usually combine oral with hjs, but about half the time, I get tired of providing enough saliva... so lube it is. My lovers love my long wet handjobs. I prefer also, giving a lubed up hj to a dry one, feels more sensuous.

That makes sense. So, if you are combining a handjob with a blowjob, then the lube had better taste good!

I recently posted about these in another thread!

Lifestyles Skyn and Avanti Bare are both polyisoprene condoms. Best. Material. Ever. Closest thing to nothing we've ever used, and I've never known anyone to have a bad reaction to them.

I currently use Skyn. Thank God for those treasures.

coconut oil is awsome. hands down, up, along, in, out, the best applied lube there is. good for massage, edible, didn't know about the yeast thing but great. it is one of the most moisturising things you can put on or in your body. Mix it up with raw cacao powder and some honey for a great chololate spread that is healthy and fun. (can you tell i'm a fan?)
It can get solid if chilled. I had a jar by the bed in cabin I stayed in last winter. On morning we needed a spoon to get it out of the jar, but the initial zip of cold in sensative ares was nice surprise if you like that sort of thing. :D
wait, freezing cubes of it, now there's and idea...

How about washing the sheets? Does it stain?

One of my loves enjoys whipped cream, and we didn't really prep well. Had to throw out my pillows after that one. There are probably still upside down handprints coming through the paint in that apartment....

Back