Next chapter

Ugh... Con Crud. Not fun.

Yes, exactly! She's better except for the lingering runny nose. And I am fine. God knows, I take probiotics and eat yogurt every day, take multi vitamins, extra B, C, fish oil. Maybe it does some good.

Here's hoping Pixi gets better soon, and that you avoid catching it!
Maybe Mr. Quebec could make some long-distance French phone calls? :p

Mr Quebec, haha. He's a fire fighter. A French Fire Fighter. So he has that kind of work schedule where he's at the station 24/7 for a number of days, then has 5 or 6 days off in a row. He's already talking about driving down, since he thinks I'm so adorable and whatnot. We'll see. I expect him to ghost at any moment, since that is all I've seen lately. :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to live in the moment, enjoy the conversations, and expect nothing more.

Tomorrow I have an MRI scheduled for my damn neck. And I've been back and forth to the dentist, like 5 times in the past couple of months, having 2 teeth worked on. I am definitely getting at least one crown done soon. But I'm good to wait on that for now, until I see about spine surgery.

Getting older is SO fun. :rolleyes:

I went to the dentist yesterday, which entails a one hour round trip drive, and then holding my mouth open for an hour. I was so sore in my neck and shoulders last night. OMG.

Pixi and I had a bee in our bonnets to make Rochester NY style garbage plates for dinner, though, so I managed to soldier through my part of the job of creating those. She went to college in Rochester and somehow we'd gotten to talking about those days, and how getting garbage plates at 24 hour diners after a night out drinking was the thing you did. We had to create the special chili/meat/"hot" sauce that gets poured over all the components that make up the "garbage." It really wasn't hot at all despite chili powder and paprika. I'm allergic to peppers so I was wary, but I think I'm OK.

The work was worth it. It was amazing. There are many things that can compose the dish, but we chose to make mac salad with hard boiled eggs in it (carrots, celery, onion) homefries with fried onions, and extra good hot dogs from Trader Joe's. The kitchen is still a mess haha

That sounds super yummy! Hadn't heard of it before but now I know what to hunt out if I'm ever that side of the world again!

Back