Suicide Watch....

I am so sorry that you are facing this.

To give some context of where I am coming from I have my B.S. Psychology - Crisis Counseling and am 2 years into my master degree for counseling and work in a locked psych unit where people who are placed on a 72 hour hold go.

What the patient is allowed to do is dependent on the rules of where she is at. Where I work the patient is allowed to call anyone they want UNTIL it becomes destructive i.e. patients behavior deteriorates, they become violent or threaten to become violent. To stop the calls call the place she is at and tell them she is threatening you and you do not want her to be able to call you. Where I work all calls are monitored. As long as she continues to behave this way she will not be released (at least in my state) because she is not stable enough to be released. If she is "smart" and able to control how she acts there she could be released. That is why it is important that you call and let them know what she is doing.

If you want a restraining order (RO) get it NOW before she is released. You can have her served while she is there I believe, but that is dependent on the state. Also keep all text messages and you will need them in court to show "good cause" on why you need the restraining order. Make sure you list your home, your work, and any place that you go regularly in your RO.

Secondly my husband and I ended up in a very toxic relationship and we had children. After four years it finally ended but the damage to us and the kids was brutal.

Last edited:
Hi morethan2,

So sorry you've been going through all this with your (hopefully now ex-) girlfriend. I don't like any of her behaviors, but the lying disturbs me the most. I second all of the advice you've been given here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Just wanted to add my support. I think everyone else before me gave you sound advice -- the healthiest thing for you is to drop all contact and sever all ties.

Let the professionals handle her and don't allow yourself to get sucked back in. End it.

Do YOUR self care now.

hugs,
Galagirl

Any updates? I hope you were able to cut off contact and remain safe.

Back