"Stop me if you've heard this one" - clichés we've heard from non-polys

"More hardcore swinging."

LOL man did I tell you about this one time we walked the dogs together? It was HARDCORE DUDE. And then...you're not gonna believe this...we did the dishes! :eek: And watched a MOVIE! ON THE COUCH! WHERE THE KIDS COULD SEE!!

So hardcore. :cool:

So today I see yet ANOTHER posting of that article that says "omg u guyz poly is the FUTURE OF RELATIONSHIPS! (hide yer wimmin)"

Seriously, these clickbaits are just out there to get the righties to clutch pearls. :rolleyes:

And so. The comments section is predictably hilarious.

"I can read that you love your husband. But having multiple sex partner, where is your self respect? I'm my husband's nympho and he's my "sex beast". I'm old school and to share my husband or my body with anyone else is cheating."

A small excerpt from the rational poly lady's reply to this:

"I'm glad playing water nymph and sex goblin or whatever is working great for you and all, but that's not what works for us."

(There was plenty more, and it was all the sensible stuff you'd expect, but THIS bit made me struggle not to have a giggle-fit at my desk.)

I also nearly lost it when one of the "cute morons for Jeezus" club came along and called poly people "glutenous." I think she meant gluttonous perhaps? But she definitely SAID "glutenous." Another person pointed out that God destroyed two cities for "this sort of thing" and another was on and on about the collapse of society. (Because when "anything goes" the structure of society crumbles.)

I'm not a fan of articles that sensationalize things and yell "WEIRD IS THE NEW NORMAL!" but the comments ARE pretty funny...

Maybe wrong wording. What I should have said was more romantic swinging. More relationship instead of just sex.

Back