Student seeking participants in short survey

I am a student at Humboldt State University in California doing research for my ethnography Anthropology class. This data will be used for a final project that is attempting to understand peoples opinions and experiences with polyamory. The responses that will be presented in an anonymous data set for my final presentation. Thank you for taking the time to complete this simple 10 question survey and please do not hesitate to comment openly and private message me as well, thank you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bu7oDZvgwedG2cXY_tre8Iqta5KPwjo1U6MIQygv3iY/viewform?usp=send_form

These questions don't really work.

How old were you when you first participated in a polyamorous relationship as defined above
  • 18-21
  • 22-30
  • 31-40
  • 40-50
  • 51-60+

Last time I checked, most people start dating in their mid-teens. It's silly to assume, especially in this day and age, that no one participates in polyamorous relationships before they're 18...

What are some pros and cons of polyamory?

Being polyamorous isn't like deciding whether to buy a sedan or an SUV. To my knowledge, no one sits down and makes a pros-and-cons list and then decides whether they want to be poly. Some people might fall into it by accident and then pros-and-cons decide whether to follow through with it, but that's not even the pros-and-cons of polyamory itself, but rather of pursuing that relationship style given the circumstances of their life at the time.

On a scale of 0-7, what would you say is your attraction to a persons sex in this current stage of your life?

Needs an "asexual" option.

Racial Identity
  • White/Caucasian
  • Hispanic
  • African American
  • Native American
  • Pacific Islander

Does this mean you're not interested in international participants? What about black Americans with Jamaican ancestry? What about brown people? Asians? .... This is supposed to be an ethnography course, and you can't even come up with a proper list of racial identities??

Hi Abbey,

I took your survey and just had a question about this last one. I wasn't sure if you were referring to how "bisexual" the respondent might be or.....? The way it's written is unclear to me. I'm not quite sure what "sex characteristics" means. Otherwise, I answered all of your questions. :)

"On a scale of 0-7, what would you say is your attraction to a persons sex in this current stage of your life? 0 being exclusively attracted to people of the opposite sex. 7 being exclusively attracted to people with the same sex characteristics as you. 3 is being equally attracted to people of both/all sexes OR sex characteristics do not play a role in your sexual desire for a person."

Why is transgender listed as a sexual orientation? That makes no sense to me.

I just took the survey and answered as well as I could for each question. It was short, which is handy.

Back