Greetings! :D

MidoriDesu

Hello!

I am a 31 year old person who is in a relationship with a cisgender woman who is married to a cisgender male. We have been dating for 9 months. This is my first poly relationship. I have dated people openly in the past but, this is the first actual relationship. Currently, I am struggling with the idea of the relationship not having a future. My partner says she wants to have a future and it makes her sad when I struggle with this. I would love to have a future with her, but I don't see how I can with the current situation. Additionally, I am having an issue with how to navigate this relationship. Our feelings are pretty strong for each other and she has asked that her and I become sexually monogamous (she isn't sexually attracted to her husband). I feel okay with this. I am having issues with keeping our relationships separate (her's and mine and her's and her husband). So...yeah!

Greetings MidoriDesu,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I read your other thread and responded briefly there. It sounds like two of your major concerns are

• what kind of future your partner can offer when she's married to someone else,
  • how you can put some distance between yourself and that marriage.
We'll try to help.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back