Survival guide for dating a mono

Yes, that's the woman. This camp is for workshops and to get together to discuss poly. The one at the end of the month is a poly friendly camp. Anyone can come as long as they are okay with poly peeps.

Are you open poly or the poly-fi sort of person? (this is a biggy, so be honest and up front right away)
So, why is identifying what poly means to you important? Some people have found poly through the love of one additional person. The multiple nature of this relationship is specific to include an individual and not out of pursuing a “way of loving”. This is a much more stable and adaptive situation for a mono in my opinion. Yes, they will be sharing their partner with another or perhaps established others, but they have a sense of calm and stability that monos crave like a single scoop of vanilla icecream! :D
In an open relationship (Poly with a chance of more balls….there’s a book and movie out..ohhh wait now, that’s not the title..my bad) the constant thought of when and who will be entering your life, and therefore their life, will be a damaging drain on most monos.

Hey, Mono. Thanks for this, both funny and thoughtful. I'm constantly enjoying this site, to come across very useful tidbits. The reminder of the different approaches between mono and poly-fi and open poly is a good one in thinking through my current situation, understanding some of the emotions here.

Hey, Mono. Thanks for this, both funny and thoughtful. I'm constantly enjoying this site, to come across very useful tidbits. The reminder of the different approaches between mono and poly-fi and open poly is a good one in thinking through my current situation, understanding some of the emotions here.

You're welcome :)

And we are way to hot to show our faces! You would be bowled over by our hotness, can't have that! :D

Actually Mono has an extensive album on his profile. Maybe if you ask him he will friend you on here? :)

I can attest to it. Redpepper is a hottie! ;):D

*sigh*
Mono, have I told you lately how awesome you are? I really needed to read and understand what my poly bf is experiencing. When my husband & I agreed to pursue poly, we were so naive, didn't really have any plan. I think we aimed for polyfidelity because it seemed like something we could handle.
Now, we're talking about how we would be open to other partners and it's caused a bit of panic with my bf.
We actually talked a bit tonight and I think we've managed to calm things down, I hope I have reassured him that he and my husband are my world, no one is going to diminish our bond.

And if you ever want to publish your words of wisdom, I'm sort of in the book business ;) I could at least get you pointed in the right direction! Or at least buy a couple copies :D

And if you ever want to publish your words of wisdom, I'm sort of in the book business ;) I could at least get you pointed in the right direction! Or at least buy a couple copies :D

I've only got one real word of wisdom for polies falling for monos ...RUN!! (the same goes for monos but it sounds less judgemental if I say polies first) :eek:

Thanks Booklady:)

Just found this, so I'm bumping it. Not sure if it's linked in the master gem thread, but I quite enjoyed it.

Thank you, Mono. :)

Anyone can add their favorite threads to that Master Thread. Every so often, I go edit the links for neatness and category.

You're welcome TP :D

I suppose it comes a little late for me, having already fallen for a mono, and he for me. But looking at what we should have done, we managed to hit the majority of it.

And as always, I enjoyed your tongue-in-cheek (but still useful!) advice. :)

So now I have stuck my tongue in Trucker Petes's pink cheeks?....wow, so much for being mono!

Back